by keynote speaker ELCA Bishop Jon Anderson, acting Director of Rural Ministry at Luther Seminary, rural ministry success stories featuring Pastor Kali Christensen, who is doing great rural ministry at Communities of Faith UMC, in Clotho, Clarissa, and Eagle Bend, great worship, music, message from Fred Vanderwerf and communion. The actual ratification of your church’s forms will take place very briefly in the context of worship. Lunch will be provided.
There are five local charge/church reports we will vote to ratify:
To prepare for this gathering:
- Election of Local Church Leadership (Form 1).
- Approval or Renewal of Certified Lay Speaker, Lay Servant, or Lay Minister if any (Form 2).
- Recommendation or Renewal of Candidates for Ministry if any (Form 3).
- Removal of Inactive/Unresponsive Members (Form 4).
- Approval of Pastor’s 2022 Compensation Package (Forms 5, 7, and 8 as needed).
- Care for the forms found in the church conference packet. This packet will be made available in an email on Sept. 27.
- Schedule now to host a town hall meeting in your local charge/church to hear, discuss, and approve the reports.
- Complete and submit your reports as directed online and bring them for ratification.
- Be sure all register by November 4.
This event is for all churches in the Southern Prairie District or under the care of Fred Vanderwerf who wish to participate, but especially for those churches being served by a licensed local pastor, assigned lay person, or a clergy from another denomination. Churches being served by an appointed United Methodist elder may join us too, as we believe there is value in gathering together, and/or they may schedule to lead their own Charge/Church Conference with Cheryl Daschner.
Register, Register, Register! Please consider inviting at least five others in from your local church to join us and register ASAP. This helps our team to begin to pray for you by name, plan ahead on meals, and keeps our admin office from needing to hound you. The 3rd, 6th, 25th, 30th, 40th, 50th, 100th, 120th, 150th, and 175th persons to register will receive a Subway gift card!