North Star District Church/Charge Conference
For all North Star Churches - especially those "Under the care of the District Superintendent (lay-led) and those who are led by Licensed Local Pastors
The business of this church conference will be handled in the context of worship, presided by the district superintendent. To make it work well, your advanced preparation is imperative.
To make this work you will need to attend to the following:
- Care for the forms found in the charge/church conference packet. You won’t want to delay.
- Host a town hall meeting in your local charge/church to hear, discuss, and approve the reports.
- Complete and submit your reports and bring them to the All District Charge/Church Conference for ratification.
- Identify at least five persons from your charge/church to attend the All District Charge/Church Conference via Zoom.
- Be sure all your participants register by Nov. 9.
Please note the five reports in particular that we must vote on and ratify annually at this conference are:
- Election of Local Church Leadership (Form 1).
- Approval or Renewal of Certified Lay Speaker, Lay Servant, or Lay Minister if any (Form 2).
- Recommendation or Renewal of Candidates for Ministry if any (Form 3).
- Removal of Inactive/Unresponsive Members (Form 4).
- Approval of Pastor’s 2020 Compensation Package (Forms 5, 7, and 8 as needed).
Finally, if you are finding creative ways to live into our gospel imperatives of loving God and neighbor, reach new people with the good news of Jesus Christ, and/or heal a broken world, please give me a call. I would love to hear your story and see if we can feature it in some way at this virtual conference as an encouragement to all of us!
||There is no cost to you for this event.
||November 09, 2021 12:00 AM