Mahle Lecture and Events with Bishop Karen P. Oliveto
Bishop Karen P. Oliveto of the Mountain Sky Area of the UMC, will be the keynote speaker of the 2020 Mahle Lecture in Progressive Christian Thought at Hamline University.
The Mahle Lecture explores and articulates contemporary forms of Christian theology and provides students opportunities to learn its relevance to personal, social, economic and political life. This year's guest, Bishop Karen P. Oliveto, will engage with campus community and congregations about the challenges and opportunities of the United Methodist Church's current struggle to be "together at the table" and yet open to new paths.
- 10 a.m., Bishop Oliveto preaching at Hamline Church United Methodist. Discussion afterwards, 11:15 a.m. (1514 Englewood Ave., St. Paul, MN 55104)
- 3-5 p.m., Bishop Oliveto will be in conversation with the Minnesota Methodists at the United Methodist Church of Anoka. (850 South St, Anoka, MN 55303)
- 4 -5:30 p.m., "Conversation with Two Bishops" with Bishops Bruce R. Ough and Oliveto, hosted by Hamline University's Love Boldly student group in the Kay Fredericks Ballroom, third floor of the Klas Center, Hamline University
- 5:30 p.m. -6:30 p.m., Reception for Bishop Oliveto prior to her 7 p.m. keynote lecture in the Kay Fredericks Ballroom, Klas Center, Hamline University
- 7 p.m.-9 p.m., Bishop Oliveto's Keynote Lecture, "Imago Dei in an Age of Selfies, Separation, and Schism", Sundin Hall, Hamline University
- 10:30am, Twin Cities District Ash Wednesday Service, hosted at Hamline Church United Methodist, Bishop Oliveto preaching
- 7 p.m. Ash Wednesday Service, Hamline Church United Methodist, Bishop Oliveto preaching
Link to Additional Information →