As The United Methodist Church sorts out a way forward, it is important that we gather, celebrate how God has been at work in our churches over the past year, and engage in holy conferencing around who and how God is calling us to be in the year to come.
This year’s annual conference session will include significant time on Wednesday (June 19) to engage in a respectful conversation and holy conferencing around our vision of who God is calling us to be as a church in Minnesota. We want clergy and lay members of annual conference be as prepared for this conversation as possible. Therefore, we are holding gatherings in each district between May 28 and June 9 where they will be able to dialogue about the vision being shared, to learn the practices of respectful conversation that we will use at annual conference, and to ask questions about other legislation being brought. (Note: Because these gatherings are specifically designed to help us prepare for annual conference, they are intended for clergy and lay members who will be present in St. Cloud.)
There are gatherings being held in every district. We strongly encourage clergy and lay members of this year's annual conference to attend one of them so they can be well prepared as we discern together how we will live and lead as the Minnesota Annual Conference. Pre-conference packets will be available for download on May 18. Please bring your copy to the gathering.
Schedule of gatherings:
- Cornerstone UMC, Marshall (202 N 4th St) - Tuesday, May 28, 6:30-8:30
- Hillcrest UMC, Bloomington (9100 Russell Ave S)- Tuesday, May 28, 6:30-8:30
- Grand Rapids UMC (1701 SE 5th Ave) - Sunday, June 2, 2:30-4:30
- First UMC of St Cloud Area, Sartell (1107 Pine Cone Rd S) - Sunday, June 2, 2:30-4:30
- Hilltop UMC, Mankato (108 S Manitou Dr) - Monday, June 3, 6:30-8:30
- Christ UMC, Rochester (400 5th Ave SW) - Tuesday, June 4, 6:30-8:30
- Path of Grace, Maplewood (759 County Rd B East) - Tuesday, June 4, 6:30-8:30
- Faith UMC, Farmington (710 8th Street) - Thursday, June 6, 6:30-8:30
- Grace UMC, Fergus Falls (1100 Friberg Ave) - Sunday, June 9, 2:30-4:30