Sources for Helpful and Accurate Information
- Coronavirus: U.S. summary: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention offers a brief summary of the situation that's updated daily with the latest information.
- High-risk populations: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention names the populations that are at higher risk of contracting coronavirus and best practices for them to follow.
- Coronavirus: Minnesota summary: The Minnesota Department of Health provides the latest number of cases in Minnesota, along with a list of the counties reporting cases.
- Latest Minnesota recommendations: The Minnesota Department of Health provides its latest recommendations to prevent the spread of coronavirus in Minnesota.
- COVID-19 Vaccine in Minnesota: The Minnesota Department of Health provides information, data, and guidance around the COVID-19 vaccine in Minnesota.
- COVID-19 Testing in Minnesota: The Minnesota Department of Health provides information on testing locations, at-home tests, and who should get tested.
Minnesota Annual Conference
- Jan., 2021 Bishop Bard: Moving the dial to orange: Bishop Bard is turning the dial on our Re-gathering Plan from red to orange while urging continued caution and prudence in decision-making.
- Jan., 2021 Camp MN to welcome campers this summer with extra safety protocols: Registration will open Jan. 19. Learn about the safety protocols in place and what's new at camp this summer.
- Nov., 2020 Bishop Ough: Staying safe, turning the dial to red: Bishop Ough is turning the dial on our Re-gathering Plan back to red and asking all congregations to return to virtual worship and have staff work from home.
- Nov., 2020 Faith communities and COVID-19: What you need to know: Health officials admonished clergy to use their influence to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, and Gov. Tim Walz announced new restrictions for receptions.
- Oct., 2020 Conference Re-gathering Plan moves to Orange Phase: Bishop Ough shares data and explains the reasons for changing the dial from yellow to orange as COVID-19 cases surge in Minnesota and across the nation.
- Sept., 2020 Bishop's message: Staying safe as we head into fall: Bishop Bruce R. Ough offers some reminders and encouragement as we head into fall during the global pandemic.
- May, 2020 Bishop's pastoral letter: Staying the course: In light of Gov. Walz relaxing restrictions for churches’ gatherings, Bishop Ough urges congregations to stay the course, worship online, and remain cautious.
- May, 2020 Bishop's pastoral letter: Phased Re-Gathering Plan for Churches: Bishop Ough urges congregations to go slow in resuming in-person gatherings and to adhere to a Minnesota Conference Phased Re-Gathering Plan.
- May, 2020 Osterholm and Walz talk COVID-19 and churches: Dr. Michael Osterholm encourages churches to embrace virtual gatherings, and Gov. Tim Walz said he is committed to partnering on guidance for faith communities.
- April, 2020 Guidance for returning to in-person worship: Bishop Ough asks every Minnesota congregation to continue to suspend in-person worship through May 30 and develop a plan for how to return in a gradual manner. Here are some key recommendations for developing your plan.
- March, 2020 Bishop: Easter cannot be canceled: Bishop Ough is asking that all congregations suspend in-person worship until at least May 10 but points out that Easter cannot be canceled.
- March, 2020 Bishop's COVID-19 recommendations: Bishop Ough asked all Minnesota congregations to suspend in-person worship and offers our membership vow as a template for ministry during this season.
- March, 2020 Bishop Ough: Preventing the spread of coronavirus: Bishop Bruce R. Ough shares how the spread of coronavirus is being monitored and how faith communities can assist in containing the spread of the illness, and addresses concerns about General Conference in Minneapolis.
- Regulary updated Dakotas-Minnesota Camp and Retreat Ministry information: Check here for the latest information regarding summer camps and the COVID-19 Pandemic.
General and Jurisdictional Conferences
- July, 2020 Bishop Bard to lead MN in 2021: Bishop Ough will retire January 1, 2021, and Bishop David Bard of the Michigan Area will assume temporary responsibility for the Minnesota Conference.
- May, 2020 GC2020, NCJ dates confirmed; Bishop Ough to stay through 2020: The 2020 General Conference will take place Aug. 29-Sept. 7, 2021 in Minneapolis; Bishop Ough will continue serving the Dakotas-Minnesota Area through 2020.
- April, 2020 North Central Jurisdictional Conference postponed: A big question this postponement raises is: Who will be our bishop between September 2020 and the rescheduled jurisdictional conference? We do not yet know.
- March, 2020 General Conference to be rescheduled for 2021: The Commission on the General Conference will pursue negotiations to hold the General Conference at the Minneapolis Convention Center at a new date in 2021.
- March, 2020 General Conference to be postponed: General Conference will be postponed and will not occur May 5-15, 2020 in Minneapolis as planned.
- March, 2020 Bishops ask for postponement of General Conference: The Executive Committee of the Council of Bishops has asked for the postponement of the 2020 General Conference because of the COVID-19 pandemic. It is now up to the Commission on General Conference to decide whether to act on that request.