Sources for Helpful and Accurate Information
- COVID-19: Minnesota summary: The Minnesota Department of Health provides the latest number of cases of Coronavirous in Minnesota, along with a list of the counties reporting cases.
- Latest Minnesota recommendations: The Minnesota Department of Health provides its latest recommendations to prevent the spread of coronavirus in Minnesota.
- COVID-19 Vaccine in Minnesota: The Minnesota Department of Health provides information, data, and guidance around the COVID-19 vaccine in Minnesota.
- COVID-19 Testing in Minnesota: The Minnesota Department of Health provides information on testing locations, at-home tests, and who should get tested.
Minnesota Annual Conference
General and Jurisdictional Conferences
- Feb. 2021 General Conference postponed until 2022: Organizers have postponed the full General Conference, including proposals for a church split, until 2022 when delegates can meet in person. A special one-day, virtual General Conference is planned for May 8.
- July 2020 Bishop Bard to lead MN in 2021: Bishop Ough will retire January 1, 2021, and Bishop David Bard of the Michigan Area will assume temporary responsibility for the Minnesota Conference.
- May 2020 GC2020, NCJ dates confirmed; Bishop Ough to stay through 2020: The 2020 General Conference will take place Aug. 29-Sept. 7, 2021 in Minneapolis; Bishop Ough will continue serving the Dakotas-Minnesota Area through 2020.
- April 2020 North Central Jurisdictional Conference postponed: A big question this postponement raises is: Who will be our bishop between September 2020 and the rescheduled jurisdictional conference? We do not yet know.
- March 2020 General Conference to be rescheduled for 2021: The Commission on the General Conference will pursue negotiations to hold the General Conference at the Minneapolis Convention Center at a new date in 2021.
- March 2020 General Conference to be postponed: General Conference will be postponed and will not occur May 5-15, 2020 in Minneapolis as planned.
- March 2020 Bishops ask for postponement of General Conference: The Executive Committee of the Council of Bishops has asked for the postponement of the 2020 General Conference because of the COVID-19 pandemic. It is now up to the Commission on General Conference to decide whether to act on that request.