Investing in Congregations grants are for churches that demonstrate a potential, capacity, and commitment to reach new people, grow in love of God and neighbor, and heal a broken world. Funding can be used for new ministries, programs, and staff positions. Grants are funded through the Office of Congregational Development—and awarded for new ministries, programs, or staff positions. A committee that includes both clergy and laity reviews applications each year and decides how to divide up the $200,000 in grant money that’s available through the conference’s apportioned budget. In addition to primary funding awarded to applications made each fall, "micro grants" have been distributed for the past several years.
Micro Grant Applications: Due Jan. 31, 2019
Investing in Congregations 2019 Micro Grants provide one-time funds of up to $2,500 to congregations for programs and initiatives in 2019.
- Grant applications are only accepted from local churches in the Minnesota Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church that demonstrate the potential, capacity, and commitment to reach new people, grow in love of God and neighbor, and heal a broken world.
- This is a one-time grant and cannot be renewed.
- Application is competitive.
- Funds must be used for ministry initiatives that will take place in 2019.
- Preference will be given to initiatives that are new and/or creative.
- After implementation, grant recipients must provide a report about what they did and what the results were (whether success, failure, or some of each).
- The grant application deadline is Jan. 31, 2019 at 11:50 p.m.
- Funds will be distributed by March 1, 2019.
- Receiving this one-time grant does not impact future eligibility for Investing in Congregations grant funding.
Contact Amy Jo Bur or Gail Johnson if you have questions.
2019 Grants Awarded
The following grants have been awarded for 2019:
- Centenary UMC in Mankato (Southern Prairie District) awarded $4,000 for Children and Family Ministry
- Delano UMC (Big Waters District) awarded $1,000 for Women's Night Events
- Eden Prairie UMC (Twin Cities District) awarded $14,000 for Young Family Engagement
- Federated UMC in Morris (North Star District) awarded $25,000 for NexGen Ministries
- First UMC in Red Wing (River Valley District) awarded $8,134 for God on The Move - Neighboring Ministry
- Hamline UMC in St Paul (Twin Cities District) awarded $20,000 for Director Spiritual Formation
- Immanuel UMC in Corcoran (Big Waters District) awarded $5,000 for Children and Youth Director
- Main Street Church in North Branch (Big Waters District) awarded $7,000 for Family Ministry
- Peace UMC in Virginia (North Star District) awarded $7,000 for PORCH - Neighborhood Outreach
- Pilgrim UMC in Plymouth (Twin Cities District) awarded $2,500 for Discipleship Growth
- Riverside UMC in Park Rapids (North Star District) awarded $2,500 for Bread Oven ministries
- Tracy UMC (Southern Prairie District) awarded $2,500 for Little Free Pantry
- White Bear Lake UMC (Big Waters District) awarded $1,000 for Breadx Talks
- Zion UMC in Lydia (River Valley District) awarded $22,000 for Bilingual Outreach/Worship Service