IMPORTANT INFORMATION: We have been receiving questions about our joint Dakotas-Minnesota Annual Conference Session in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. We will make a decision no later than May 1 about whether to have this large, in-person gathering given the latest government and health agency information and recommendations at that time. Our hope is that we can still have this event, but we want to closely adhere to official guidelines to ensure the health and safety of all persons. Given the uncertainty we face, we are suspending registration for Annual Conference session until May 1. If you have already registered, you do not need to do anything, and if we cancel Annual Conference, we will provide a full refund after May 1. You can still book hotel rooms, and they can be canceled without fees up until 24 hours before your arrival. If it becomes clear in the coming weeks that we are able to proceed with our June 10-12 dates as planned, we will re-open registration and extend the registration deadline to May 31 with no late fees. Thank you for your understanding as we navigate these dynamic times.
When registering, you will be asked for the following information:
- Contact information—name, address, e-mail address, and phone number
- Special needs (if applicable)
- Your role at conference—church affiliation, and whether you are a lay delegate, clergy, or an equalization member (equalization members must be pre-approved by your district office)
- Demographic information (optional but appreciated)
- Which optional sessions and meals you will attend
- Whether you need childcare
- Payment—can be done with a credit card right away or through another method at a later date; to pay by credit card at a later time, contact Gail Johnson (612-230-6125) during regular office hours
After registering online, you will receive confirmation via e-mail (sent to you using the e-mail address you entered during the registration process). You can change your registration using the link provided in your confirmation email. Contact Gail Johnson (612-230-6125) for further assistance or if you prefer not to register online.
- Register by May 1 to avoid extra fees.
- Reservations for campus housing and childcare must be made by June 1.
- Requests for scholarships for retired or unassigned clergy must be received by June 1.
- Pre-registration will close on June 1. On-site registration will be available after that time.
- Active clergy (appointed or assigned to congregations or extension ministry): By May 1, $250; after May 1, $275
- Clergy not appointed or assigned*: By May 1, $75; after May 1, $100
*Partial scholarships are available for unassigned retired clergy with financial need. Requests must be made by June 1. Contact Gail Johnson (612-230-6125).
- Lay members elected by a congregation: By May 1, $250; after May 15, $275
- Lay equalization members: By May 1, $75; after May 15, $100
- Other lay delegates, including youth and young adults and conference lay leaders: By May 1, $75; after May 1, $100
Non-voting lay visitors
• $25 per day
- Daytime child care is available for infants through children age 12. Care will be provided at Sioux Falls Asbury UMC (2425 Western Ave.), which is located less than three miles from the convention center. Children will be in age-appropriate groups, and older children may go on field trips. There will be further communication directly to families enrolled. Registration for daytime child care is part of the participant registration form.
- Evening/worship child care is available at the service location on a drop-in basis. Wednesday and Friday evening worship services are at Sioux Falls First UMC. The Thursday worship service is at the convention center.
- There is space in the prayer/quiet room for mothers wanting to nurse.
Demographic data collection
Demographic information will be requested during registration. The general church requires us to report demographics for statistical purposes only. Reports drawn from the information will only be totals for each category and will not be linked to specific information about any lay or clergy members of annual conference (name, address, e-mail, etc.).
Your participation is optional but appreciated. Please provide information so that The United Methodist Church will have accurate information about all annual conferences.
If you need to change your registration, you can request a refund if you contact Gail Johnson (612-230-6125) prior to June 1. This includes cancellation, changing a meal, and housing changes. Refunds will be made by check. No refunds will be given for changes made June 1 or after.