Gethsemane UMC in Lino Lakes is seeking a part-time worship minister to lead music, coordinate worship, and foster spiritual formation.
This individual will be an effective leader that can work with the pastor and others. This individual will provide opportunities for worship celebrations that focus on God and help people of all ages grow in their understanding of the gospel and become better equipped for daily living as faithful disciples.
- Play the piano (organ/other instruments are also good) during worship on Sunday mornings.
- Work with the pastor to coordinate the worship service, to include the music selection, choral performance during the service, directing the choir and working with the Praise Band to integrate their performance with the service.
- Learn both about worship and about the people in the congregation and community to help plan worship appropriate to the congregation’s gifts and needs. This leader needs to be open to both a variety of worship styles and to the congregation’s traditions.
- Coordinate the youth education to coincide with the worship service.
- Be familiar with United Methodist resources, facilitate their use, and will be able to recommend appropriate resources for educating all age levels and faith stages about worship life. Or be willing to learn and grow using the resources of the church.
- Promote and foster regular individual and family worship and spiritual formation.
- Work with other ministry leaders so that worship celebrates the whole life of the congregation and community.
- Continue to develop their musical skills and will be nurtured and supported by the congregation through continued education.
- Expect to work 15-20 hours per week preparing music, rehearsing with the choir/praise musicians, and practicing for worship.
- This ministry coordinator benefits from having one or more of these spiritual gifts: servanthood, teaching, exhortation (encouragement), leadership, wisdom, knowledge, faith, discernment, administration, evangelism, and shepherding.
- This leader should show evidence of passion for worshiping God and helping others worship through music, liturgy, and in personal and community practices.
- Useful skills for this position are the ability to listen to and communicate with people of all ages, interest in a wide range of worship experiences, interest in music and other worship-related arts, skills for researching worship issues and sensitivity both to what makes worship effective and ways people relate to God.
- This leader should be open and adaptive to working with the pastor to create meaningful worship experiences through a collaboration of sermon series, preaching, special music Sundays, and experimenting with new/unique styles of worship.
- This leader should be able to grow and adapt as the position grows and adapts to meet the needs of the congregation.
- This leader should share the vision of Gethsemane United Methodist Church to grow in faith, unite in worship, make a difference, and compassionately serve. Through this vision this leader will discover, nurture, and offer musical gifts to God and to others.
$15.00-$20.00 depending upon experience.
Please send inquiries or resumes to Pastor David at GUMCPastor@comcast.net or call by phone at 952-250-9986.
Contact: David Hodd
Gethsemane UMC, 7330 Lake Dr., Circle Pines, MN 55014