Music Leader for two Sunday services/month plus additional seasonal (Lent, Advent, other) services. Piano or organ preferred, but other instrument and vocals are possible.
Provides piano/organ/vocal music for worship services and special occasions (as needed) twice a month throughout the year as a way to enhance the worship experience.
1. Works closely and cooperatively with the pastor and church staff to select and integrate music relative to each planned worship service.
2. For two Sundays/month, provide musical leadership during Sunday worship services year-round from the piano/organ, including but not limited to: leading hymns, supporting a soloist or ensemble, prelude, offertory. and postlude, and other appropriate times during worship (prayers, communion, etc.).
3. Rehearses and prepares for special additional services during church seasons, such as: Christmas, Lent, Advent, and Thanksgiving, as well as for weddings and funerals, as needed and available.
4. Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
1. Proficiency as a pianist/organist/vocalist with the ability to lead congregational singing.
2. Ability to read music and make song selections and recommendations in support of planned services and events.
3. Previous experience as a church pianist/organist/vocalist preferred but not required.
Salary is recommended annually by the Staff-Parish Relations Team (SPRT) and determined through the administrative processes of the church, commensurate with qualifications.
Submit cover letter and resume to: Rev. Chad Gilbertson, 16150 Arcadia Ave, Prior Lake, MN 55372 or firstname.lastname@example.org
October 15, 2022
Contact: Chad Gilbertson
Address: Holy Trinity United Methodist Church, 16150 Arcadia Ave, Prior Lake, 55372
Email: Click to email
Minnesota Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church