Northfield UMC is an energetic, vibrant church. We are seeking a children’s coordinator to aid in developing a new ministry for children grades two to five after school on Wednesday, 3-6 p.m. The coordinator will work with the Families First Committee in developing curriculum and the mission for this program. A successful candidate will uphold the organization’s beliefs, have proficient use of technology, social media, and have excellent organizational and communication skills.
Work Schedule: 10-12 hours/week running September through May.
Job Type: Interim with opportunity with renewal
Salary: Negotiable based on experience.
Hours per Week: The position is a paid part-time position. Specific hours and schedule may fluctuate but are outlined as follows.
- Wednesday nights, 3-6 p.m. (3 hours)
- Wednesday nights, 6-8 p.m. (Supervision) (2 hours)
- During the week, one will work on lesson plans,and parent/volunteer communication, attend bi-weekly staff meetings, and set-up for Wednesday night activities (5-7 hours)
- Work in conjunction with the Families First Committee to develop lessons and programming for kid’s activities, recruit and select volunteers, and this will include an education program outline and suggested curriculum
- Be onsite and organize Wednesday night children's program activities and service projects
- Serve as the lead contact person for Children’s Ministry program participants and their parents/guardians, sending a weekly update
- Purchase supplies needed for Wednesday Night Activities and oversee program budget
- Coordinate and supervise Volunteers
- Uphold Safe Sanctuary Guidelines
- Keep attendance
- Other duties as assigned
- High school or equivalent
- Knowledge of faith principles
- Ability to engage with young learners and have strong interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with children and classroom management
- Successful background check completion
- Driver’s license
- Own a vehicle and maintain proper levels of insurance
- Ability to write routine correspondence and effectively communicate verbally with church members, vendors, and other employees and volunteers of the organization in a professional manner
Negotiable based on experience
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to Pastor Rachel McIver Morey firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact: Rachel Morey
Northfield UMC, 401 Maple St., Northfield, MN 55057