Good Samaritan UMC in Edina is seeking an individual to provide temporary administrative support to the clergy, staff, and leaders in the church and maintain a professional office environment and ensure hospitality to all those who call the church or enter the church office.
Estimated Time Allocation
Program Support- 15%
Church Operations- 40%
This position will be 3-4 months, and could become permanent for the right candidate. Hours are Tuesday–Friday, 9 a.m.–4 p.m. Salary is highly competitive.
Program Staff Support (Provide administrative support to pastors and program staff)
- Build an effective working relationship with all clergy and program staff to determine their administrative needs.
- Determine full requirements and timelines for support tasks requested.
- Determine any barriers to completion and methods to defeat those barriers.
- Recruit, train and provide work assignments to church volunteers to support administrative tasks.
- Prepare Sunday bulletin and accompanying inserts
- Proofread materials printed or sent out of church office
- Prepare and distribute church newsletter (print and electronic)
- Update daily monitor screens as needed
- Prepare certificates and forms such as baptism, confirmation and wedding
- Send out email e-mail announcements as needed
- Collaborate with the digital content coordinator
Database Management (Shelby)
- Oversee administrative volunteer responsibilities.
- Maintain primary church calendar
- Order supplies for church office as needed
- Monitor the office budget to keep spending within budget guidelines
- Keep current all church membership records, including, but not limited to, marriages, births, baptisms, confirmations, deaths, removals by Charge Conference, withdrawals, transfers
- Input weekly attendance at Sunday morning worship services
- Maintain donut order and changes to such
- Provide coverage for the business and facilities manager as needed
- Ability to drive quality assurance and implement best practices
- Effective listening and communication skills, along with the ability to resolve conflict.
- Working knowledge of standard office equipment.
- Strong technical skills. Experience with productivity software (word processing, spreadsheets), Microsoft publisher (newsletter), database (Shelby), Google Apps, Mail chimp, (electronic newsletter), and online tools that promote collaboration and system efficiency.
- Time management skills: able to multi-task and juggle responsibilities from several ministry areas.
- High attention to detail for tasks such as proofreading and database management.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by Monday, February 11.
Part-time, 28 hours per week.
Good Samaritan UMC, 5730 Grove St., Edina MN 55436
Phone: (952) 929-0049