Start: December 2018
The Camp and Retreat Ministries of Dakotas Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church is seeking an experienced professional to lead and manage Storm Mountain Center. Nestled in the beautiful Black Hills, Storm Mountain Center is located south of Rapid City, SD. This growing ministry serves nearly 3,000 people annually through traditional summer camps and a year-round retreat center.
This is a full time, exempt position with an anticipated start date in December 2018. Ideal candidate is a team player who understands ministry as a lifestyle and hospitality as a calling. Experience with the American Camp Association is preferred but not required.
View Job Description- Part One (Outcomes)
View Job Description- Part Two (Functions)
- Professional education and/or experience that demonstrates competency of leadership and management level skills
- Committed to the Christian faith; knowledge of United Methodist beliefs, practices and organizational structure; a passion for leading others to the faith through camping, retreat, and outdoor programming.
- Interpersonal concern and sensitivity towards constituents
- Knowledge and skill related to adding programs for children, youth and adults that achieve the priorities for ministry of the Dakotas Annual Conference
- Successful experience in basic nonprofit management responsibilities: supervising and motivating staff; budgeting and financial management; maintaining effective administrative systems; building and empowering volunteer teams; communicating and creating alignment to the vision within a diverse constituency
To apply, send a letter of interest along with a resume and salary requirements to: Keith Shew, Dakotas-Minnesota Director of Camp and Retreat Ministries. Application can be mailed to 122 W Franklin Ave, Suite 400, Minneapolis, MN 55404 or emailed to email@example.com
October 18, 2018
Contact: Keith Shew
23740 Storm Mt. Rd. Rapid City SD 57702