The Minnesota Annual Conference is excited to announce a search for a Senior Accountant. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for overseeing the general ledger, cash management and operations schedule, month-end closings, and financial statements. The person in this role will report directly to the Director of Finance and Administration. This role is responsible for delivering accurate and timely financial results, assists in the preparation of various financial reports requiring initiative and investigative skills as well as providing advisory and leadership support.
- Oversee general ledger including chart of accounts, posting, elimination entries, and close activities.
- Manage cash operations spreadsheets and prepare or approve wires, transfers, and ACHs.
- Provide Council on Finance and Administration and leadership with timely reviews of organization's financial status, including quarterly financial statements and summaries.
- Work with various ministry leaders to provide financial status of programs and activities and support management of area budgets.
- Lead the annual audit process, including preparing audit work papers, financial statement, footnotes, and consolidation of entities.
- Provide advisory support to camping ministries.
- Ensure the reconciliation, review, and approval of all balance sheet accounts.
- Manage accounting for fixed assets, including capitalization of assets and depreciation. Prepare entries related to management of closed church trust clause assets. Maintain amortization schedules for contracts for deeds.
- Oversee accounting for annuities and unitrusts, coordinating annual unitrust tax preparation with tax accounting firm and acting as the point of contact for participants and families.
- Coordinate accounting and budgeting for Minnesota United Methodist Foundation Episcopal (Bishop’s) Office according to service agreements.
- Prepare and reconcile intercompany billings between Conference, MCBPI, Foundation, and Episcopal Area.
- Attend and take minutes for the Staff Audit Committee meeting.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Occasionally required to lift/push/carry items less than 25 pounds.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field required.
- 3-5 years of accounting or related experience required, experience in a non-profit environment preferred.
- Experience with financial spreadsheets and statements.
- Excellent computer skills in managing integrated accounting/database software. NetSuite experience preferred.
- Experience with consolidation of financial statements and elimination entries.
- Must have strong time management and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of the structure and polity of The United Methodist Church is strongly desired.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
Email resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
The Minnesota Conference of The United Methodist Church is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively seeks and encourages applications from minorities, women, and individuals with disabilities. All offers of employment are subject to the applicant successfully completing background, reference, and other applicable checks.
September 29, 2023
Contact: Samantha Harris