Centennial UMC in Roseville and St. Paul (St. Anthony Park) is seeking an individual to be a minister/director of discipleship and oversee all discipleship ministries at this 1,100-member Reconciling church.
The primary focus of this position is to be the children's ministry coordinator, with secondary focuses of (1) overseeing middle school and high school ministries, supervising the middle school and high school coordinators; and (2) serving as the primary architect for adult discipleship and guest assimilation. Deacons, laypersons, and elders are encouraged to apply.
Accountable to: senior pastor
- Professes Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and has a personal, passionate faith.
- Demonstrates empathy, compassion and an evangelistic heart.
- Models standards and expectations of leadership within Centennial UMC including a personal devotional life, worship attendance, generosity in giving, serving/witnessing, small group participation, and a dedication to personal development and a healthy lifestyle.
- Demonstrates devotional adherence to the Deacon’s calling to a ministry of word, service, compassion, and justice as defined in the Book of Discipline. Deacons lead the congregation in its servant ministry and equip and support all baptized Christians in their ministry.
- Strives to embody the teachings of Jesus in servant ministries and servant leadership.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree, with a Masters of Divinity preferred.
- Proven track record of success in a paid discipleship position preferred, with the ability to motivate and supervise staff and layperson teams.
Skills / Qualifications
- Expertise and experience in designing and implementing discipleship opportunities and curriculum.
- Track record of successful recruiting, equipping, and deploying of volunteer teams and lay leaders.
- Ability to lead paid discipleship staff to grow disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
- Self-starter that is able to work independently under minimal supervision.
- Systems thinker, planner and implementer.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills.
- Student of lifestyle issues, cultural trends and trends in faith formation.
- Supervise the nursery & childcare coordinator and oversee Centennial’s Early Childhood (birth-3) Ministry.
- Supervise children’s ministry coordinator at the Saint Anthony Park Campus.
- Supervise the student ministry coordinator(s).
- Oversee youth/young adult volunteer staff.
- Recruit and supervise children’s ministry volunteer staff and lay leaders (mentor, coach, set objectives and goals, hold accountable), partnering with them to develop and implement
- innovative discipleship opportunities and growth across all ages in conjunction with the SAP campus pastor as part of an overall door-to-core strategy.
- Provide vision and direction for all aspects of adult discipleship ministry in conjunction with the SAP campus pastor.
- Recruit, equip and deploy lay volunteers who will lead adult discipleship classes and life groups in conjunction with the SAP campus pastor.
- Select or create adult discipleship curriculum or resources in conjunction with the SAP campus pastor that support an overall door-to-core church strategy.
- Develop and deploy communication strategies that keep the church family informed and inspired about spiritual growth opportunities.
- Build "radical hospitality" into all aspects of discipleship opportunities in conjunction with the SAP campus pastor.
- Partner with the Director of Missions to link local, national and global “on mission” initiatives with opportunities to deepen discipleship across all ages.
- Build volunteer teams that will design and deploy a guest follow-up and assimilation process in conjunction with the SAP campus pastor.
Review of applications will begin March 31. Deacons, elders, and laypersons encouraged to apply. Please email resume to Brian Hacklander at email@example.com.
Position is full-time and will start July 1.
Centennial UMC in Roseville and St. Anthony Park, Minnesota