Recovering Love Church in Richfield is seeking a part-time outreach person to develop a process to reach young adults in support of the mission of Recovering Love Church, with particular focus on adults 18-35 years of age.
This person will work approximately 10 hours per week under the direction of the pastor and Advisory Board of Recovering Love Church
- As a member of the church leadership team, support the development and implementation of the church’s mission
- Reach out to individuals ages 18-35 with hospitality, building relationships, and encourage their faith development though attendance in RLC programming, prayer, study, and action.
- Design age-appropriate group experiences focused on Christian life and recovery.
- Practicing Christian with regular participation in worship at Recovering Love Church
- Develop and lead one age group program activity each week
- Build links with local community groups and organizations to facilitate and promote both
- Work with the pastor to maintain and develop mission of RLC
- Develop group members in leading groups and events themselves
- Raise the profile of RLC in the local community through collaboration
- Lead one service per month with age group participation.
- The outreach person will have shared space available at Church of Peace
- The outreach person will be supported by the pastor and Advisory Board
- Mileage, expenses reimbursed for RLC related events and provision for appropriate training provided
- The appointment is subject to receipt of satisfactory references, completion of the process of background check (DBS) and satisfactory completion of 6 month probationary period
- Position is not fixed term it is subject to funding and will be reviewed annually.
- 10 hours per week, with flexibility including evenings and weekends
- Personal faith in Jesus, knowledge of Christian theology and the scriptures
- Knowledge of and experience with the Twelve Steps of Alcoholics Anonymous
- Group facilitation and leading skills
- Event organization ability
- Leader development, training, and support skills
- Self-starter; initiator, leader, creator and implementor
Compensation $200 per week (10 hrs @ $20 per hr.)
Apply to: email@example.com.
Oct. 20, 2021
Contact: Pastor Brad Herman, Recovering Love Church
6345 Xerxes Ave. S, Richfield, MN 55423