Operations Manager/Church Administrator
Camphor Memorial UMC in St. Paul is seeking an operations manager/church administrator to identify and implement various measures to increase the efficiency, transparency, and effectiveness of business operations in coordination with ministry leaders and under the supervision of the pastor. Supports ministry activities as required to insure adequate pastoral support. Coordinate resource/asset allocation including IT. Assist pastor as required.
- Financial Management: Coordinates the development and execution of the church’s budget and financial plan and other activity in support of the accounting function. Approves related paperwork for accounting department. Write and compile reports.
- Facilities: Coordinates with Trustee department to ensure facility is maintained and used appropriately. Manages use of facility by outside groups.
- Human Resources: Supervises church secretary and other contracted and volunteer staff. Works with SPPRC on policy and related issues and ensure policies and procedures are effectively implemented in accordance with the law and standard personnel practice.
- Office Management: Oversees the distribution of work to ensure timeliness of notice and public facing activities are managed effectively. Keeps abreast of IT issues and informs Council and Trustee leaders of any issues. Coordinate resource allocation of church assets and funds via appropriate signatures on requesting documents and other requirements set forth by the Finance Chair.
- Communications: Compile and write reports. Working knowledge or Excel and other Microsoft products, Google docs.
- Pastoral Support: Assist pastor as required with external facing ministry activity.
- Loves God and worship through Jesus Christ
- Organized and detail oriented within the context of a larger vision
- Confidential and trustworthy
- Effective networker and ability to build relationships in a church matrix of staff and volunteers
- Financial management expertise including knowledge of budgeting, basic Quickbooks, reading financial statements, and understanding of internal controls
- Knowledge of generally accepted personnel practices
- Strong communication skills
$25-27/hour based on skills and experience
Email Marquicoaching@gmail.com to express interest in the position.
Camphor Memorial, 585 Fuller Ave., St. Paul, MN 55103