Joyce Uptown Foodshelf in Minneapolis is seeking a part-time operations coordinator.
The operations coordinator is responsible for overseeing the physical operations of getting food in and out of Joyce Uptown Foodshelf. This includes ordering food, overseeing deliveries and food rescue programs, communicating with clients and partners, and overseeing staff and volunteer programs.
Joyce Uptown Foodshelf provides emergency food to families and individuals in Southwest Minneapolis that are experiencing food insecurity. The food shelf gives clients a three-day supply of nutritionally balanced food once a month. Joyce Uptown Foodshelf will also make referrals to other agencies for additional services.
Joyce Uptown Foodshelf is a non-profit community outreach of Lake Harriet UMC and is supported by other churches, organizations and individuals. The mission of the Joyce Uptown Foodshelf is to distribute food to those in need, with respect and dignity, as an expression of the love of God.
- Place food orders from partner organizations, keeping within budget
- Oversee Food Rescue Program
- Oversee deliveries and ensure all food is sorted and stored in a safe and sanitary manner
- Ensure that an appropriate variety and quantity of food and personal care items are in stock
- Ensure compliance with food bank and USDA requirements
- Identify and respond to equipment and supply needs
- Manage intake and distribution for seasonal programs (back to school, holiday gifts, winter coats, etc.)
- Perform various operational support duties including: answering the telephone, greeting clients, volunteers and donors, accepting tangible donations, assisting with fundraising projects and community events, etc
- Participate in program planning, development and evaluation
- Assist with volunteer program duties including: scheduling, providing training, maintaining contact information, communicating with current and potential volunteers, and ensuring compliance with TEFAP regulations and food bank compliance training.
- Provide tours to prospective volunteers and other community partners
- Perform other duties as assigned
Team Member Duties and Responsibilities:
- Share information, knowledge and ideas with team members
- Seek information, support and clarification from team members
- Collaborate with team members in problem-solving, delivery of services, etc.
- Communicate in a direct and constructive manner
- Adhere to core values to welcome all to JUFS without barriers or judgment
- Authorization for employment in the U.S.
- Valid U.S. driver’s license
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Customer service, telephone, and computer skills
- Self-motivated, proactive, and able to work in a changing environment
- Willingness to help in all areas as needed
- 2+ years experience managing volunteers or staff
- Experience with community outreach
- Spanish, Somali, or Hmong language skills are helpful
- Has vehicle and good driving record
July 15, 2020
Part-Time 25 Hours/Week Work Schedule: Weekdays, some evening or weekend hours as needed. Schedule will be determined by the candidate and executive director.
Contact: Lorrie Sandelin
3041 Fremont Ave. S, Minneapolis, MN 55408