Nursery and Childcare Supervisor
White Bear Lake UMC is seeking a Sunday morning nursery and childcare supervisor for a nine-month position during the school year. This individual will provide primary childcare and supervision of nursery care on Sunday mornings of children, infants through 3-year-olds. Hours are 9:10 a.m. -12:30 p.m.
- Provide primary childcare and supervision of nursery care on Sunday mornings of infant through 3 years old.
- During a shift when no students are present, be available to help with special projects.
- Respond promptly to emails from next generation minister, Missie Aberle
- Supervise childcare workers, including youth, and nursery volunteers.
- Interact with children and their families, treating all with dignity and respect.
- Assist the next generation minister in training nursery volunteers and youth workers.
- Engage children in developmentally appropriate activities and utilize Christian education curriculum, if provided.
- Be comfortable working in a faith community.
- Supervise the maintenance of a safe, nurturing, and stimulating nursery environment, including a clean room and clean working toys and equipment.
- Supervise the replenishing of disposable supplies.
- Supervise the maintenance of pagers, and sign-in records, and other policies according to current Safe Church policies.
- Be comfortable working in the nursery on days when there are no other staff members present.
- Provide next generation minister with advanced warning of requested days off. There are 4 unpaid Sundays allowed off per program year (September – May). At least 2 of these have to be communicated in advance. Easter Sunday is a mandatory work day.
- Reporting and Accountability: Reporting to Next Generation Minister.
- Professional experience working with young children and parents.
- Current certification in First Aid & Infant/Child CPR (preferred).
- Experience supervising volunteers (preferred).
- Child Development / Early Childhood training (preferred).
- Ability to lift 30 pounds frequently.
- Ability to bend and stoop frequently.
Pay: $50 for full Sunday morning shift based on qualifications and agreed duties.
Email with questions and/or contact Missie Aberle Next Generation Minister - firstname.lastname@example.org.
part/time 9 month school year position
Contact: Missie Aberle
White Bear Lake UMC, 1851 Birch St., White Bear Lake, MN 55110
Phone: 651-429-9026 x107