Minnesota Conference Disaster Response Coordinator
The Minnesota Conference disaster response coordinator will:
- Attends regular and emergency meetings of the Minnesota Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster (VOAD)
- Works with VOAD, local UM churches, local bishops and credentialed/trained volunteers to respond to local/regional disasters
- Recruits, trains, credentials, and develops Minnesota Conference Disaster Response volunteers
- Maintains Minnesota Conference Disaster Response trailers and equipment
- Trains Minnesota Conference congregations to prepare for possible disasters in their area
- Attends and promotes DR opportunities at Annual Conference and Minnesota Conference Mmission events
- Attends the Minnesota Conference Mission Promotion Team (MPT) meetings
- Reports to the chair of the Minnesota Conference MPT and the Minnesota Conference Director of Ministries
- Represents the Minnesota Conference Disaster Response Team on the North Central Jurisdiction DR Committee
Coordinator needs to be certified by the UMCOR Disaster Response Committee.
Stipend is $3,500 annually.
If interested, apply by email to Rev. Cindy Gregorson at email@example.com.
Contact: Rev. Cindy Gregorson
Email: Click to email