This position oversees two ministry areas. First, this individual designs, develops, and maintains a flourishing Uptown Kids ministry. Second, this individual oversees all outgoing communication to Uptown Church community to engage the congregation in the life of the church. As well, oversees and executes all communications to invite new people into the life of Uptown Church. This position works on a staff team and collaborates well with Uptown Church staff and community.
- Management of all things Uptown Kids: creating/developing/procuring curriculum for Sunday services, management of volunteers and support of Uptown Church families.
- Management of all communication platforms and content on a weekly basis: website, email distribution, social media, etc.
- Developing and coordinating communication schedule.
- Creating and maintaining healthy and faith-filled Uptown Kids environment.
- Effective use, management and appreciation of volunteers in all ministry areas.
- Assisting with Sunday services and other Uptown Church events.
- Support the Uptown Church staff, volunteers and events with a willingness to work outside of job description.
Education and Experience:
- A deep devotion to God and love for His Word and sharing the story of God with others
- A love for families and seeing faith formation happen in young kids.
- Understanding of effective communication strategy
- Administrative and organizational abilities
- Technology Proficiency (prefered: Mailchimp, Squarespace, social networks, Google Docs, and Planning Center)
- Works independently and is a “self-starter”
- Willing to make Uptown Church their church home
What a win looks like:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum two years ministry experience in local church context
- Minimum two years childcare experience
- CPR Certified (Uptown Church will pay to meet this requirement)
- Proficient with Google Apps to include email, drive, and document creation.
- Individual integrates as an essential part of the Uptown Church Team by being encouraging, helpful, and hardworking.
- Uptown Kids ministry provides faith formation for kids and families.
- Events and happenings of Uptown Church clearly and timely communicated.
- Engaged and excited volunteers involved in all aspects of ministry.
- Communication tools sufficiently managed in a timely manner.
Salary for 10 hrs/wk
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
part-time, 10 hours/week
Contact: Jim Lee