The Well, an intergenerational United Methodist Church, located in the heart of Rosemount, is seeking a full time director of ministry connections to lead in the area of increasing congregational engagement through internal and external communications, expanding the ministry of the laity through developing and overseeing a robust system of shared ministry so that all can find a place to serve and that the essential ministries of the church are adequately staffed; create outreach events that are community-friendly and allow people to experience the heart and ministry of the Well, and help new people get connected into the life of the church.
A great applicant will be a passionate follower of Jesus Christ with recent experience in modern communication modalities such as e-news, websites and social media. This person is eager to get to know people, and help them discover their passion and gifts and find a place to serve. They are organized and know how to pull off great events from the advertising to the follow-up. Having experience working in a church is helpful but any volunteer coordinator and communications background will acceptable. We are looking for applicants who are eager to collaborate with other and be a part of a team who is focused on being a church where all are welcome in the growing Rosemount community.
Connecting Through Communications
- Oversee production, editing and review of all communications, including print and electronic newsletters and announcements, website, social media, and promotional/marketing materials.
- Collaborate with clergy, staff, and leaders to plan communications of events, programs, storytelling, and opportunities for engagement.
- Develop a robust social media presence for The Well
Connecting Through Shared Ministry
- Develop and implement an ongoing church-wide process to recruit, train, and support unpaid servant leaders (volunteers) with a focus on helping congregants determine their passion and calling and finding a place to serve in and through the church.
- Ensure that there are clear job descriptions, training manuals and processes for screening and accountability are maintained as well as creating appropriate appreciation and recognition for ministry servants.
- Serve as the coordinator of all worship services including funerals, weddings and baptisms.
- Support the staff and ministry teams in the recruitment of unpaid servant leaders for their specific needs/areas.
Connecting Through New Ministry
- Planning, organizing, and supporting the execution of special events that are focused on reaching new people.
- Develop a cadre of “hosts” and ensure that a host is present at all community events held at the church.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and work collaboratively with all church staff.
- Schedule and calendar activities with the appropriate church staff and volunteers.
- Meet regularly with the pastor for supervision, goal setting, and planning.
- Weekly church communications
- Design and send regular weekly and special all-church emails
- Design and prepare bulletins for regular and special services
- Design worship slides (currently using ProPresenter)
- Monthly church communications
- Design, print, and send monthly newsletter
- Maintain and update The Well’s website
- Review and track copyright permissions and licensing for Sunday morning worship and livestream
- Demonstrable skills and experience in media and communications. An ability to do graphic design helpful. Excellent design sensibility and a commitment to modern, powerful visual storytelling.
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite, Canva, and Graphic Design systems)
- Proven experience pivoting to new initiatives, trying new things, and demonstrating a willingness to grow.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to listen and communicate with people of all ages and backgrounds.
Education & Experience:
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills; ability to initiate projects, handle multiple tasks and use independent judgment in prioritizing time and responsibilities, in order to meet deadlines.
- The ability to work independently and as a team member.
- The ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends. Sunday mornings are required. Hybrid work is an option.
- A BA, BS, or other degree in a field related to the work. Other educational experience will be considered.
- Two years or more of congregational ministry work experience preferred.
- An understanding and commitment to ministry of the laity as Christian ministry.
$45,000 to 55,000 per year plus benefits based on experience.
A United Methodist background is not required, but the successful candidate must be in agreement with the standards, theology and policies of The Well.
Send letter of interest and resume to: The Well, a UMC, Attn: Human Resources, P.O. Box 22, 14770 Canada Ave. W., Rosemount, MN 55068
Email letter of interest and resume to: email@example.com