The Illinois Great River Annual Conference of The United Methodist Church is currently recruiting for the position of director of connectional ministries. Click here for the full job listing and application.
GCFA is working with the Illinois Great River Annual Conference to recruit for this position. If you know of someone who might be interested, please have them email their resume and cover letter to Human Resources via email at email@example.com.
If you have any questions about the open position, please contact Emily Chiles, Human Resources Specialist at 615-369-2357.
The Illinois Great River Annual Conference is an equal opportunity employer.
The primary role of the Director of Connectional Ministries is to supervise and collaborate with the Coordinators of the Connectional Ministries Team and guide the annual conference’s leaders in the task of equipping present and future leaders to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
In partnership with the Bishop, Cabinet and the elected leadership of the conference, the Director of Connectional Ministries shall have the following primary responsibilities as outlined in paragraph 608 in the 2016 Book of Discipline:
- To serve as steward of the vision of the annual conference, including the development, clarification, interpretation, and embodiment of the vision;
- To serve as leader of the continuous process of transformation and renewal necessary for the annual conference to be faithful to our Christian identity in a changing world;
- To ensure alignment of the total resources of the conference to its vision;
- To ensure the connections among the local, district, annual conference, and general church ministries for the purpose of networking, resourcing, and communicating their shared ministry.
- Supervises Conference Coordinators and their hired staff. Also supervises, cooperates and helps in directing their ministries in light of the vision and mission of the conference.
- Chairs the Annual Conference Sessions Committee.
- Works in cooperation with the Area Office on the scheduling and implementation of the Connectional Table meetings.
- Serves with the Cabinet during scheduled Cabinet/Directors meetings and when the Bishop or mission and ministries of the conference dictate.
- Provides programmatic and budgetary supervision for all ministries and missions, which are part of the Connectional Ministries Team.
- Supervises the budget process for the Connectional Ministries Team Operations, Benevolence, Congregational Development and Camping.
- Adheres to the IGRC’s Personnel Policy Handbook, Information Systems Security Policy and the Book of Discipline.
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Four to seven (4-7) years in a supervisory role is required.
- Supports the Vision, Mission and Core Values of the Illinois Great Rivers Conference and The United Methodist Church.
- Faith in Jesus Christ; understanding of oneself as a disciple who is growing deeper in love of God and neighbor. Ability to articulate and live out one’s faith and growth.
- Understanding of United Methodist polity is required.
- Must be able to work in a collaborative effort with other members of the conference leadership team, demonstrate ability in providing team leadership as well as being able to work independently.
- Must be able to articulate, interpret and clarify the development of the vision of the conference.
- Familiarity with denominational and conference structures and programs.
- Must possess: interpersonal skills, knowledge of church related marketing, public relations/witness skills, communication and knowledge of print and electronic media, knowledge and proficiency in planning and organization, ability to prioritize, budgeting skills, decision-making skills, excellence in writing, teaching skills, display cultural sensitivity, discernment, judgment and initiative.
Illinois Great River Annual Conference of The United Methodist Church, Springfield, IL