Start: June 1, 2023
Osseo UMC is looking for a part-time director of children, youth, and families to provide spiritual and organizational leadership for ministry to children, youth, and their families, with a focus on faith formation.
- Develop and manage age-appropriate ministries to reach all the children, youth, and their families, to help them develop a life-giving relationship with Christ. This includes giving direction to the nursery worker.
- Model discipleship of Jesus Christ, including regular participation in worship and fellowship with Osseo UMC.
- Foster and develop relationships with children, youth, and families at OUMC.
- Provide leadership for outreach-based programs designed to draw in members of our local community.
- Create ministry and fellowship experiences that help children, youth, and their families experience the redeeming love of Christ and the redemptive love of Christ’s followers.
- Is accountable to the senior pastor and the Staff Parish Relations Committee.
- Works with the guidance of the Staff Parish Relations Committee, Children’s Ministry Committee, Youth Committee, and Church Council.
- Is a member of Staff, Church Council, Children’s, and Youth Committees.
- Lead and supervise programs for children, youth, and families.
- Partner with the Children's Committee/Team to plan and implement weekly Sunday School and related special events.
- Guide the selection of resources and curriculum for children, youth, and families that teach biblical truths appropriate for various age levels, in consultation with the Children and Youth Committees.
- Cast vision and actively recruit, train, and coordinate volunteers for ministry with children and youth.
- Coordinate an effective communication strategy to reach children, youth, their families, and our congregation.
- Develop and manage a yearly budget for CYF ministries and assist with fundraising for those ministries when needed.
- Assist the senior pastor in the implementation of the vision and goals for Osseo UMC.
- Attend necessary staff, team, and committee meetings.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Youth Ministry, Bible or demonstrates life experience equivalency.
- At least 2 years of experience in Children, Youth, or Family Ministry.
- An authentic follower of Jesus Christ who is pursuing the Lord with their heart, mind, soul, and actions.
- Full engagement in active Christian lifestyle and discipline, including weekly worship attendance, small group participation, lifestyle of tithing and generosity and serving out of call and giftedness.
- Fully committed to the overall mission, vision, beliefs and strategy of Osseo UMC.
- Passionate about reaching the next child, parent and family for Jesus.
- Able to communicate with various age groups and generations.
- Continuous learner, especially in the field of children and family ministry.
- Values team ministry.
- Ability to set goals, implement, reflect, and adjust.
- Proven, successful experience in Children’s or Family Ministry, desired.
- Knowledgeable about children’s & adolescents’ spiritual, social, and emotional development, including fluent understanding of family culture.
- Proficient in building relationships and networks with children and parents.
- Adept in applying communication skills: open-minded listening, supportive, understanding.
- Exercises effective and efficient administrative and organizational skills.
- Knowledgeable of and experienced with technology and social media.
- Experience recruiting, training, and leading adult volunteers.
$20-24,000 salaried for 20 hr/week, year round
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to Pastor Jen Spickelmier at firstname.lastname@example.org
June 20, 2023
Contact: Pastor Jen Spickelmier
Osseo United Methodist Church,
16 - 2nd Ave SE,
Email: Click to email
Attached file(s): view file