The Minnesota Annual Conference is seeking an experienced full-time connectional ministries program assistant to support the director of connectional ministries and the director of leadership development through program coordination and administrative support.
Congregational and leadership development projects are managed in such a way that the director staff are freed up to focus on design and delivery of content, and the details of projects are cared for in a manner that communicates our commitment to excellence and to the flourishing of the participants.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support to clergy learning and congregational development programs including; The ELI Project, Clergy Orientation, Clergy Leadership Academy, Covenant/Peer Learning Groups, Shmita, Clergy Coaching, Soul Leaders, Healthy Church Initiative (HCI), Missional Church Consultation Initiative (MCCI), and other learning programs as assigned.
- Coordinate communication of program information to clergy, congregations, and conference staff including conference communications staff.
- Track clergy and congregational learning information in database.
- Create digital presentations, e-newsletters, update website information, and design printed materials as needed.
- Process billing and expenses for programs.
- Director of connectional ministries
- Director of leadership development
- Conference staff
- Clergy and churches
- Committed to the mission and values of the United Methodist Church
- Experience in administration, project management, training & development support.
- Detail orientation with strong organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter, will initiate actions and be self-directed in their work, accountable to commitments and deliverables.
- Computer skills necessary. Proficient with MS Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint. Familiarity with Prezi, HubSpot and Adobe helpful. Experience with creating E-newsletters.
- Administration of online learning programs desired but not required.
Physical demands and environment:
- Occasionally required to stand.
- Occasionally required to walk.
- Frequently required to sit.
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity.
- Continually required to talk or hear.
- Continually required to utilize visual acuity to read and use a keyboard.
- Occasionally required to lift/push/carry items less than 25 pounds.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Non-exempt position, full-time