Hennepin Avenue UMC in Minneapolis is seeking a communications specialist in graphic design and videography to work as a member of the Communications and Marketing team and support of the overall mission and vision of the church, and to execute the strategic marketing and communications goals and objectives through digital, print, video, and social media channels.
Reports to director of narketing & communications. In support of members, staff, clergy of Hennepin Avenue UMC, and the greater community of people who may find a spiritual home at Hennepin.
The communications specialist in graphic design and videography will be responsible for three main areas of marketing and communications work: graphic design, print production, and video production.
The communications specialist in graphic design and videography will create promotional collateral for print and video communications channels, including brochures, posters, postcards, print advertisements, banners, and promotional swag; plus promotional videos for use in worship services and on social media. Videos will include a range of types, from Facebook Live video to short promotional clips to fully storyboarded, shot, edited, and sound-tracked video stories.
The communications specialist in graphic design and videography will also produce other print publications, such as annual reports, devotional prayer booklets and concert programs. This includes general layout/design and print production, plus research and application of design templates; photo selection and editing; creation of graphics using Photoshop, Illustrator, or similar tools; and application of the church’s visual brand identity.
As needed, the communications specialist in graphic design and videography will partner with and support the Communications team to execute digital newsletters, and to create and/or curate images for use in the church’s digital communications channels.
All members of the Marketing and Communications Team participate in administrative support tasks as necessary to execute marketing and communications projects. This includes managing print production with print vendors, coordinating USPS Every Door Direct Mailings, and preparing congregational mailings.
Finally, the communications specialist in graphic design and videography will meet weekly with the Communications and Marketing Team to help coordinate projects across channels and across the church’s many ministries and programs.
The selected duties listed above are representative of the types of projects and responsibilities assigned to this role. They are subject to change as this role adapts to meet the changing needs of the church. Additional duties may be assigned.
The communications specialist in graphic design and videography will:
• Hold an Associate’s Degree or higher in Communications, Marketing, Graphic Design, Video Production or related field; or have equivalent work experience;
• Have at least two years of professional graphic design and at least one year of professional videography experience;
• Be fluent in use of the Adobe Creative Cloud, including InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop; the Microsoft Office Suite; Google Photos, Google Drive and Gmail; and Video Editing Software (Adobe Premiere Pro or Final Cut Pro);
• Have proven ability to implement and uphold an organization’s brand identity and style guide;
• Be a self-starter who is eager to learn new skills and master new tools;
• Be a team player who thrives in a collaborative, hard-working and laughter-filled setting;
• Be an excellent manager of one’s own time and tasks to achieve high-quality results efficiently;
• Have excellent design sensibility and a commitment to modern, powerful visual and video storytelling;
• Have outstanding interpersonal skills, a friendly and approachable manner, and an innate ability to communicate respectfully, patiently and graciously will all members of the Hennepin community.
• Professional or volunteer experience in a mission-focused nonprofit organization or house of worship;
• Prior experience creating promotional videos for a mission-focused nonprofit organization or house of worship;
• Advanced digital photography skills
To apply, send a resume, cover letter including links to online portfolio, and contact information for three professional references to email@example.com. Please use the subject line “Communications Specialist at Hennepin Avenue UMC.”
Part-time (average 18 hours per week), hourly non-exempt, not eligible for paid time off
Contact: Amy Griffiths
Address: Hennepin Avenue UMC, 511 Groveland Ave., Minneapolis, MN 55403
Minnesota Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church