Champlin UMC is seeking a part-time communications specialist.
Experience: Some work experience in the communications arena
Education: Working towards communications, marketing, or related certificate/degree or demonstrable experience.
- Develop and deploy marketing/communication strategies for key church initiatives and events, including both an invitation and participant strategy.
- Create and maintain a website, Facebook, annd other social media presence for the church.
- Take photographs that communicate our mission for use in social media and other mediums.
- Maintain and update all relevant church communications (brochures, business cards, stationery, and signage)
- Document processes and train others on position responsibilities as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Reports directly to the pastor. Consults regularly with staff, and ministry leaders to ensure alignment of communications with brand identity and initiatives. As a member of a small staff, the communications specialist will have the opportunity for professional growth and building their skill set.
- Strong organizational, communication and technical skills
- Technically savvy, highly proficient in Microsoft Office or Google Suite and social media
- Excited to learn new technologies
- Strong interpersonal, customer service, leadership, team skills
- Willing to attend church events/flexible schedule
Position is 5-8 hours/week. Hourly Wage is $13-$20 with no benefits, depending on experience.
Interested parties can contact Pastor Max Richter 763-421-7047 or email@example.com
November 5, 2018
Contact: Pastor Max Richter
Champlin UMC, 921 Downs Rd., Champlin, MN 55316-1626