Start: As soon as possible
White Bear Lake UMC, a mid-sized Christian community that values spiritual exploration and growth, outreach, and social justice, is seeking a children, youth, and family ministry assistant. This congregation believes in teaching its children, youth, and adults to be critical thinkers and adventuresome followers who can ask big questions in church and get honest answers; that Jesus is our primary pathway to God, and we respect other pathways to God. We believe in taking the Bible seriously but not literally.
This is a part-time (10 hours per week) position, September through May.
• Help to facilitate and grow children and youth programs (birth through high school), including Sunday morning education, Wednesday night programming, and special events.
• Uphold a welcoming, safe environment for children and their families.
• Support volunteers.
• Adapt to the current and changing environment based on state guidance during the COVID-19 pandemic.
• Collaborate with the next generation minister to plan special events and creative methods of engagement.
• Adhere to SafeChurch protocols.
• Love for children and youth and their healthy development
• Willingness to support the faith values of White Bear Lake UMC
• Responsibility, punctuality, reliability
• Caring – able to create a supportive environment for children, youth, and families.
• Flexibility – ability to adapt to programming needs of children and youth ministry.
• Organization – able to manage a group of children/youth.
• Creativity – able to develop new ways of teaching and engaging children.
• Relationship management – able to build and maintain positive relationships.
• Collaboration – able to work with others.
Background check required.
Dependent on qualifications
Would like to fill as soon as possible
Contact: Patricia Kytola
Address: 1851 Birch St White Bear Lake 554110
Email: Click to email
Minnesota Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church