Children’s Ministry Director
Bee Creek UMC in Spicewood, Texas is seeking a part-time children’s ministry director to coordinate, facilitate, and supervise the children’s ministry and to serve in a supervisory role in the nursery and the Bee Kids program. The candidate must be detail oriented and possess strong administrative and relational skills.
Reports to discipleship pastor.
Status: Part time, 30 hours
- Lead children’s ministry.
- Recruit volunteers for Sunday School and Bee Kids (Wednesday after school program)
- Be on-site to coordinate Sunday morning classes for two worship hours
- Purchase, organize and prepare supplies for Sunday morning children classes.
- In line with our belief that children matter, plan activities and worship experiences that integrate children into the life of the church.
- Organize the scope, sequence and selection of curriculum for all children’s programming.
- Provide care to children’s ministry students and families as needed.
- Vision ways the gym can be a blessing to the children in the church and the community.
- Help with special ministry events such as I Love My Church Sunday, Fall Festival, Palm Sunday and youth/children events.
- Lead Bee Kids ministry during the school year on Wednesdays at 4:00-5:30 p.m. including curriculum, supplies and projects.
- Relationship building
- Be present at children ministry events with an intentional and prayerful focus on developing relationships with the youth, children and their families.
- Cultivate relationships within the community in a missional way.
- Oversee volunteer scheduling for all children’s events
- Equip and supervise nursery staff.
- Plan, submit and oversee an annual budget.
- Ensure administration of processes for new volunteers, such as background checks, certifications and consent forms.
- Record children’s attendance at all events for church database
- Work with youth director and preschool to maintain organization in shared areas
- Deep and vibrant faith and a lifestyle consistent with Christ’s teaching.
- Experience in children ministries
- CPR Certification and First Aid are required to be kept current and paid for by the church.
- Proficient in computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheets, and social media skills.
- Spiritual Maturity: intentional about growing in faith with a thirst for a deeper relationship with Christ and others. Committed to being in prayer for our church/pastors/staff/congregation and BCUMC families and parents.
- Teamwork and Team Building: works well as part of a staff team, guides volunteers in leading and inspires participation. Delegates, empowers and holds individuals accountable.
- Relational: a deep love for others, with a special heart for children. Able to develop relationships with children and parents.
- Organization: excellent organizational skills, multi-tasking ability, schedules and plans for the benefit of ministry.
Please email your resume to Elaine Pendergrass, email@example.com.
Contact: Elaine Pendergrass
3000 Bee Creek Rd Spicewood TX 78669
Email: Click to email