Discovery UMC in Chanhassen is seeking an accompanist to serve June 1-Aug. 31, 2021. Position requires approximately five hours per week, which includes preparation of music for in-person worship or pre-recording and uploading of music for online services.
- Provide piano accompaniment for Sunday morning worship service, and as needed for special services.
- Record music in advance or be live-streamed during worship
- Choose music for the worship service in consultation with the pastor that may include, but not limited to: prelude, postlude, offertory. This music should coordinate with the scripture, sermon or liturgical day.
- If additional music or outside musicians are needed, approval must be obtained in advance from finance committee, and be within the music budget or come from the restricted funds.
- Will consult with the office administrator and fastor for funeral, memorial services, and weddings, if needed.
- Must arrange for a substitute accompanist in his/her absence.
- Must follow DUMC employee practices at all times.
- Previous experience in church musicianship is preferred, but not required.
- Bachelor's degree in music is preferred, but not required.
- Must collaborate well with the pastor, and have excellent organizational and communication skills with a high degree of professionalism.
$100 per Sunday
May 15, 2021
Summer of 2021
Contact: I. Ingle, Co-Chair Staff Parish Relations Committee
275 Lake Dr. E, Chanhassen, MN 55317