Start: Early October
Eden Prairie UMC is seeking a part-time administrative coordinator to support and provide communication assistance to staff and congregation in effectively carrying out their ministry as outlined in the vision and mission of EPUMC. The right candidate will also provide strong and effective communication streams within the church and collect data for up-to-date church records.
- Office Coordination
- Assume responsibility for the effective and efficient running of office of EPUMC.
- Publish and administer Church Calendar.
- Data Collection
- Track weekly worship and church school attendance.
- Create Mailing lists, leadership lists, gather information for annual reporting and statistical data tables, maintain permanent chronological membership rolls and index.
- Administrative Support of Ministry and Support teams
- Support Programs and ministries by providing print or digital materials, photocopies, reports, lists, research, sign-up sheets, or registration forms.
- Project work as assigned by Pastor.
- Develop and Publish Newsletter.
- Use Mail-chimp and G-mail, and design software including Mail-chimp and Publisher for weekly email and monthly newsletter.
- Financial Administrative Support
- Provide support to accounting including, check requests, budget coding categories, and ensure digital delivery of contribution recording sheets, employee time sheets, and financial vouchers.
- Distribution of quarterly giving statements including answering questions and responding to issues as needed.
- Stewardship Campaign support and coordination.
- 2 years experience in administration coordination.
- Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft office suite including Excel, Word, Publisher, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Experience with Breeze software or similar database management system.
- Experience with MailChimp, Google, and DropBox or demonstrated ability to quickly learn necessary tools.
- Proven ability to competently and confidently manage communications in a volunteer organization.
- Ability to express ideas clearly ion written and verbal communications.
- A strong and growing faith in Jesus that is expressed in an inclusive manager.
- Knowledge or willingness to learn and live into the United Methodist policy and structure.
Dependent on qualifications
For a full job description and preferred qualifications, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply send cover letter and resume to email@example.com or mail same to 15050 Scenic Heights Road, Eden Prairie MN 55344.
Until position filled
Part-time (25-28 hours/week)
Contact: Becky Coleman, office manager
Eden Prairie United Methodist Church,
15050 Scenic Heights Road,
Email: Click to email