Start: June or July 2023
Fairmount Avenue UMC in St. Paul is seeking someone who is passionate about the faith development of young people to be our next youth and young adult ministries director. Situated between college campuses and trendy neighborhood hangouts, we have a long history or vibrant, engaged, and empowering youth and young adult ministry.
The Children Ministries of Fairmount Avenue United Methodist Church creates an environment and culture where children are seen, accepted and loved as children of God. This position develops lifelong followers of Jesus, builds Christian community and provides leadership for faith formation programming for the youth and young adults of FAUMC.
● Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministries will report directly to the pastor.
● Annual performance reviews for this position will be conducted by the pastor and Staff/Parish Relations Committee.
● Provide direct instruction, leadership, and growth of youth and young adult programs
● Participate in the innovation, development, and implementation of Christian faith formation programming.
● Develop positive relationships with youth and young adults. Serve as a Christian mentor.
● Actively engage with church families and reach out to new families and individuals.
● Oversee program materials, resources, and budget.
● Ensure the physical and emotional safety of, youth, and volunteers by reviewing and enforcing Safe Sanctuary Policy, Church Policies, and monitoring safety of physical spaces and resources.
● Coordinate, train and recruit volunteers.
● Work with Pastor and Church Leadership to implement the overall vision of the church.
Christian Education Responsibilities:
● Develop, plan, lead, and evaluate creative , innovative and meaningful programs that build Christian faith formation and community through Sunday School, Wednesday Program, and Summer Programming, and Followers Mission Trip and Tour.
● Research, evaluate, and assist in selection of educational materials.
● Collaborate with the Pastor and Church leadership to develop church-wide themes or goals in order to engage cross-generational involvement.
● Coordinate and plan for youth and young adult participation in Sunday worship services.
● Promote the growth of the church by actively reaching out to new individuals, families through events, programs and invitation.
Volunteer Management Responsibilities:
● Recruit, train, and support volunteer engagement in programming through regular meetings, resources, and mentoring.
● Develop and equip youth and young adults, as servant-leaders through skill development and discipleship.
● Work with appropriate church committees, volunteers and staff to coordinate program activities in the context of the overall church calendar.
● Meet regularly with the Pastor to review ongoing activities.
● Manage scheduling and promotion of events. Communicate effectively with staff, families, individuals, and congregation through appropriate means. (Including: newsletters, Sunday bulletins, mailings, brochures, email, social media, meetings, etc...)
● Maintain sufficient documentation to ensure continuity of the various programs within this position.
The Director of Youth and Young Adult programs, Ministries will be expected to:
● Demonstrate ongoing commitment to their personal faith development and exemplify Christian daily living.
● Serve as a role model, mentor, and coach to youth encouraging their individual and collective growth in becoming dynamic disciples of Christ.
● Seek participation from all FAUMC individuals, youth and their families.
● Work effectively as a member of the FAUMC leadership team and staff.
● Develop lay leaders and uphold Safe Sanctuary standards in leadership development.
● Facilitates a positive, fun community environment where all youth and young adult programs, are valued and engaged.
● Honor and respect diversity, open-minded discussions, questions and searching .
● Participate in ongoing professional development training and networking including offerings by related organizations focused on children and youth ministry and programs.
$21-840 ($21/hour) - $24,960 ($24/hour) (salary, paid semi-monthly)
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Part-time, 20 hours per week. Approximate breakdown of hours/responsibilities: 15 hours/week – youth, 5 hours/week – young adults
Contact: Shawna Horn
Address: Fairmount Avenue United Methodist Church, 1523 Fairmount Ave, Saint Paul, 55105
Email: Click to email
Minnesota Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church
122 West Franklin Avenue, Suite 400 Minneapolis, MN 55404