Messiah UMC in Plymouth is seeking a part-time bookkeeper. This position averages 10 hours/week, with flexible hours. The bookkeeper is responsible for maintaining and safeguarding all finances and financial records, including financial reports, payroll, vendor invoices, and year-end statements.
- Provide pastors, finance representative, operations director, and program directors with monthly and annual reports.
- Provide insights on any significant financial impacts.
- Reconcile all bank accounts monthly.
- Process vendor invoices.
- Responsible for ensuring proper internal controls and audit trails regarding financial transactions.
- Prepare annual reports consisting of receipts and disbursements.
- Process payroll.
- Responsible for proper withholding and reporting of taxes.
- Process year end earnings statements.
- Execute most of the financial decisions made by the finance committee
- BA/BS degree or 5+ years experience in bookkeeping or accounting.
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Knowledge of CDMplus accounting software or aptitude and willingness to learn.
- Maintain confidences
- Effective listening and communication skills
Contact: Bethany Nelson
Messiah United Methodist Church,
17805 County Road 6,
Phone: (763) 473-6968
Email: Click to email