Youth and Young Adult Ministry Director
We are looking to hire an exemplary youth director to lead and guide our church's middle and high school students. The youth director will strive to make all students understand the journey of our souls, encourage students who are interested in the knowledge of God, and support them to develop their love for Him and others. You will attend student functions, grow relationships with the education community, and provide students and their families with biblical counselling.
To be successful in this position, you need to provide students with a place to belong that gives them the courage to be different and resilient to unhealthy peer pressure. Ideal candidates should have a proficient understanding of the challenges young people face and are compassionate.
- Overseeing, growing, and coordinating the church's youth ministry.
- Designing, overseeing, and examining curriculums for all programs, events, and classes. (i.e., youth nights, camping, retreats, and mission trips)
- Leading middle and high school students to encourage their spiritual growth.
- Interacting with students during Sunday services.
- Developing positive relationships with students and their parents.
- Sharing program plans through social media.
- Displaying a Christ-like approach and lifestyle, and praying regularly for young people in the church and community.
- Incorporating youth into various church ministries for His use.
- Growing students who are interested in the knowledge of God and His Word.
- Attending and participating in staff meetings.
- Evident relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Bachelor's degree in theology, biblical studies, or youth ministry. (preferred but not required and open to those pursuing degree)
- Previous youth ministry experience is an advantage.
- Proficient understanding of challenges and needs of young people.
- Excellent computer skills, and proficiency with social media.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Affinity for young people.
- Ability to lead by example.
- Available to work extended hours, evenings, over weekends and public holidays, and on short notice.
$35,000-45,000 based on experience, full medical (no dental or eye), 403B match, paid vacation and holidays
Contact: Office Manager
Email: Click to email