Start: July 1, 2022
Brooklyn UMC in Brooklyn Center is seeking a church administrator. This position is the welcoming face for those visiting and reaching BUMC. The church administrator manages activities of the church in supporting the staff, volunteers, the day-to-day functioning of office, church facilities and communications. The administrator is the voice and face of the church office, someone who greets all with warmth, understands cultural sensitivity with grace and demonstrates a passion for service, a love of people and fulfills the mission of the church.
Benefits: Healthcare with employee contribution
Communication and Relationships
- Report to the senior sastor.
- Work with all church staff.
- Supervise the office volunteers.
- Communicate and coordinate with Trustees, Finance Committee, SPRC, cleaning staff, Missions, Church Council, and visitors to BUMC.
- Maintain and build outside relationships with conference offices, bank, post office, City of Brooklyn Center, and other associates of BUMC.
- Provide administrative support with church leaders and staff where needed.
- Maintain a list of church needs.
- Proof, edit & work with staff to coordinate communications.
- Help pastoral staff identify visitors & maintain contact with church leaders.
- Coordinate church calendar.
- Coordinate events and the rental of church spaces.
- Order/purchase general office supplies.
- Order/purchase items for church building and church services.
- Participate in staff meetings and training events.
- Acting Secretary of record during Administrative Council meetings.
- Maintain accurate records of membership, attendance, and submit annual reports and statistics to the conference.
- Present before, during, and after Sunday worship, as needed.
- Provide/maintain good working relationships with staff & public.
- Maintain church calendar & room schedule for meetings and groups using the church facilities, and communicate illnesses/absences/vacations of staff.
- Assist & direct those visiting the church during the week.
- Recruit, train and manage office and support volunteers.
- Coordinate processes for funerals, weddings, and other events.
- Coordinate the opening & closing of the church building each day, including weekends.
- Maintain accurate and well-organized filing system.
- Record, distribute, collect, and order building keys as needed.
- Oversee and assist with finances as needed when bookkeeper is away.
- Oversee all communication and manage social media.
- Answer/direct incoming mail, phone calls, voicemails, and messages.
- Respond promptly to requests, directing them as appropriate.
- Produce and design seasonal newsletter, worship bulletins, inserts, presentation slides with guidance from senior pastor.
- Oversee distributing Circuit Rider newsletter & bulk mail, email & social media.
- Post updates to the BUMC website and social media connections.
Organized, bears a gift of hospitality, culturally sensitive, positive attitude, self-starter, motivated, adept at prioritizing multiple tasks, capable of confidentiality with sensitive information, patient, problem solver
Microsoft Office, Publisher, SimpleChurch (a plus), familiar with basic office technology, printers, copiers, social media competency, WordPress & MailChimp experience a plus, excellent digital, written & interpersonal communication skills, excellent organizational skills, strong editorial skills, basic graphic design skills a plus
E-mail to email@example.com.
June 30, 2022
Part-time, 32 hours, M-F 9-3 p.m. + 2 hours / week (Flex hours possible when coordinated with senior sastor)
Contact: Saige Zeck
7200 Brooklyn Boulevard Brooklyn Center MN 55429
Email: Click to email