The office administrator will manage the church office while overseeing the hospitable, effective, and efficient stewardship of the church’s physical and informational resources, that we might best carry out our mission to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world. The “first face” of the organization, he/she will offer a sense of care and welcome, along with dependable and quality clerical support. He/She will create thoughtful, up-to-date and attractive forms of communications using a variety of avenues to support the ongoing ministries and growth of the church.
- Providing a welcoming and hospitable presence in-person, electronically and on the phone
- Addressing immediate needs or inquiries in a warm and assuring manner, and appropriately transferring or directing individuals to those who can best meet their needs
- Maintaining an awareness and electronic documentation of church events, happenings, membership and guests; monitoring church compliance with all governmental reporting procedures (w-4s, I-9s)
- Overseeing guest follow-up processes and information materials
- Coordinating volunteers signups for church events/tasks, including worship services, as necessary
- Ensuring appropriate administrative support is provided to pastor, staff and committees as needed by support staff and volunteers.
- Strategizing, designing, preparing, communicating and promoting accurate and visually attractive church and denominational offerings/updates for the congregation and larger community through a variety of media, including but not limited to: weekly worship programs and emails, monthly newsletters, posters, flyers, website & social media posts, submissions for local publications, and outdoor signage
- Overseeing and purchasing supplies for ministries throughout the building
- Performing accounts receivable functions: post donations, process deposits, and perform other light bookkeeping duties as necessary
- Overseeing building operations including but not limited to: scheduling special events, facility and room usage, maintenance/repair appointments
- Maintaining strict confidentiality with the pastor and as it relates to information affecting the overall function and health of the church and its membership
- Participating in regularly-scheduled and occasional meetings with pastor, staff and committees/teams
- Supervising the Custodian
- Adhering to the policies and procedures outlined in the church’s Employee Handbook and publicly supporting the pastor, staff, and mission of the church.
- Fulfilling additional duties as assigned
- Informing Others – Provides the information people need to know to do their jobs well; helps people understand the information and knowledge and its relevance to the task at hand; is timely and transparent in the sharing of appropriate information.
- Integrity and Trust – Is seen as trustworthy by others; practices direct, honest and transparent communication; keeps confidences; takes responsibility for work output; responds to situations with constancy and reliability.
- Interpersonal Skills – Establishes good working relationships with all others who are involved with the completion of work; works well with people at all levels of the congregation; builds appropriate rapport; considers the impact of his/her actions on others; uses diplomacy and tact; is approachable; avoids communication triangles.
- Effective Written and Verbal Communication – Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences; is able to write clearly and succinctly with correct grammar.
- Team Orientation – Demonstrates interest, skill and success in team environments; promotes group goals ahead of personal agendas; steps up to offer self as a resource to other members of the team; understands and supports the importance of teamwork; shares credit for success with others, takes responsibility for his or her part in team failures.
Please email resume to PastorRalph@commumc.org
Part-time - 32 hours per week
Contact: Pastor Ralph Holbrook
9225 Jason Ave NE Monticello 55362
Email: Click to email