Start: June 2022
The director of operations is a vital part of the leadership team of Centennial United Methodist Church (CUMC) in Roseville and St. Anthony Park, serving to enable the congregation to live into its mission to create authentic, thinking, active followers of Jesus Christ. CUMC is one church, two campuses, in the Twin Cities area of Minnesota and is a Reconciling Congregation where it is believed that God welcomes all people. CUMC values diversity and recognizes the sacred worth of each person, regardless of age, race, ethnicity, nationality, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental ability, economic means, marital status, education, or faith story.
The director of operations provides leadership for the administrative operations of CUMC, including supporting the management of finances, human resources administration, properties, office administration, and technology. The director is a key part of a team that includes the CUMC senior pastor, the associate pastors, CUMC staff, and lay leaders of the congregation. The director has a day-to-day decision-making role and is essential for taking the missional decisions made by the congregation—especially through committees—and putting them into action.
Position reports to CUMC senior pastor.
- Administers the financial operations, manages the budget, and tracks the financial well-being of CUMC.
- Works with the finance committee to establish financial policies and develop efficient administrative procedures to ensure good financial management practices.
- Establishes and maintains financial service vendor relationships and oversees contracts.
- Train and supports volunteers to assist with financial management tasks.
Human Resources Administration:
- Oversees the day-to-day building maintenance activities at both CUMC campuses, working with building management and custodial staff, volunteers and contractors.
- Plans and manages large scale building projects, including renovations and major repairs, in collaboration with the trustees xommittee.
- Oversees the CUMC Risk Management Plan (including the Fiscal, Personnel, Building Safety, Child Safety, and Emergency Policies and Procedures).
- Leads the response to emergent building needs at both CUMC campuses, including delegation of tasks to staff and outside contractors as needed.
- Administers human resource (HR) activities, including employee payroll and benefits plan enrollments, and ensuring compliance with all applicable rules and regulations.
- Working with the senior pastor and Staff Parish Relations Committee (SPRC), manages an employee development system.
- Train and support volunteers at both CUMC campuses to assist with clerical tasks, building projects, office coverage, etc.
- Directs the operation of the CUMC offices at both campuses, including the supervision of staff, the tracking of office budgets, the utilization of volunteers, etc.
- Prepares local church reports, conference reports, and other reports per request of the senior pastor.
- Completes other tasks as assigned by the senior pastor.
- Oversees computer hardware and software, computer network, audio/video services, etc.
- Serves as network administrator and works with IT service committees at both CUMC campuses.
- Implements and maintains third party software (currently ACS) to provide integrations between accounting, donor and pledge tracking, and membership tracking systems.
- Strong time management skills, including competency in managing multiple tasks with deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills and positive interpersonal skills.
- Experience with financial management activities.
- Experience in human resources management and staff supervision (Preferred: experience as a people leader)
- Experience with technology services and Microsoft Office suite. (Preferred: Experience with ACS Church Accounting Software).
- Applicable bachelor’s degree or associate degree preferred.
- Provides leadership in promoting and supporting the mission of CUMC.
- Effective at influencing others, including delegating and enabling staff and volunteers.
- Communicates in a respectful manner at all times and demonstrates a professional demeanor.
- Demonstrates initiative, creativity, receptiveness to feedback and positive work habits.
- Demonstrates responsibility mindful of accountability that may lie with pastors and committees.
$50,000 - $55,000 (Benefits include: health insurance, paid time off, parental leave, 403(b) plan with employer match)
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Open until filled.
Contact: Staff Parish Relations Committee Co-Chair: Jerry Matchett
Centennial United Methodist Church 1524 County Road C2 West Roseville MN 55113
Email: Click to email