Community UMC in Monticello is seeking a part-time program director to work to maintain all of the church's technical needs, including overseeing the technical volunteers of weekend services, youth nights, and major events (as it pertains to audio, video, and lighting), maintaining technical equipment, and facilitating use of online, web, and social media platforms.
Team Development & Leadership
- Provide fast and effective solutions to all AVL hardware and software in a prompt and efficient manner.
- Provide consultancy and technical support to improve in person and digital production.
- Oversight and maintenance of all production equipment. Maintain and repair technical and production equipment.
- Maintain proficiency with all technical and production equipment.
- Set direction for website and social media platforms. Assist with content development.
- Oversee production needs for all events and services.
Planning & Trend Forecasting
- Build a dynamic production team (give away leadership and empower volunteers). Recruit, train, develop, and coordinate staff/volunteers for weekend services and events. Train and schedule substitute team members for any planned absences.
- Develop and implement strategies for production and worship technologies.
- Assess future technology needs and works with leadership to implement purchase strategies and timelines.
- Participate in regularly scheduled worship review and planning meetings.
- Seek out and implement new technology and resources that improve Sunday morning and event experiences.
- Prepare settings for rehearsal and presentation each weekend as well as for events. Assist in the design and build-out of set designs as needed.
- Drive initiatives from conception to completion, working with key staff members while contributing to long-range strategic planning.
- In collaboration with the pastor and staff, produce events and services that engage in person and online audiences.
- Coordinate, plan, and prepare for all events that require production assets.
- Provide technical oversight of all outbound digital productions.
- Prior successful experience with live stream equipment and the process of live streaming events.
- Prior demonstrated experience with sound mixing, presentation software, and video editing such that this has become an accomplished skill set.
- Involved in the heart and life of Community UMC.
- Solid walk and relationship with Christ.
- Passion to recruit, create, and lead a team while establishing a sense of unity among team members. Strong leadership, team player, and organizational skills.
- A listener and a learner.
- Self-starter, innovative, passionate vision for implementing technology to enhance CUMC ministries.
- A life growing in all aspects of the Fruit of the Spirit (i.e. love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control).
- Willingness to perform and complete tasks, even outside of the assigned area.
- Actively pursuing growth in Character, Chemistry (team) and Competence (expertise in the technical role).
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and manage time effectively under the pressure of time constraints.
- Demonstrated ability to operate audio, video, and lighting equipment along with social media platforms.
Please send resume to PastorRalph@commumc.org
Part-time (15-20 hours per week)
Contact: Rev. Ralph Holbrook
9225 Jason Ave NE Monticello MN 55362
Email: Click to email