Start: June 1, 2022
Minnehaha UMC is seeking a full-time program director for children, youth, and families starting in June. The program director will provide vision, leadership, and coordination for the ministry of children (infants through grade five), youth (grades six through 12), and their families. The program director will focus on developing teams of volunteers to carry out programs, build relationships with families, and strive to integrate children, youth, and families into Minnehaha’s missions—both on site and in our larger community.
- According to vision of congregation, create and support programming for children, youth, and their families.
- In order to create a dynamic program, encourage dialogue to share needs/hopes/concerns. Help congregation to discern what is plausible and best option for programming
- Communicate effectively with church leadership in order to stay aware of resources that are available to grow programs, and help clarify what steps are required to put programming plans into action
- Support volunteers in carrying out programs. Provide them with resources, encourage ownership and regular assessment in order to keep programs thriving
- Recognize distinct needs of different areas of programming and plan for & advocate for these amongst the wider congregation, for example (but not limited to!):
- Early Childhood
- Supervise child care attendant and oversee childcare for Sunday mornings and other times as necessary
- Provide opportunities for babies & toddlers and families to connect with each other and the church community
- Elementary Age
- Select curriculum and equip volunteers for Sunday school program
- Provide opportunities for music ministry
- Develop service and mission program—with trips beyond MN on a regular basis
- Strengthen mentorship program, helping integrate youth into the life of the church
- Provide opportunities for parent education
- Create a sense of ownership for their role in children & youth ministries
- Build community within and beyond the CYF community, with the creation of both age-specific programming and intentional intergenerational events
- Wednesday Night Dinners
- Winter Retreat
- Incorporate all ages into worship experience, offering opportunities for leadership and participation
- For example: Rally Sunday, Cowboy Sunday, Camping Sunday
- Serve on worship committee
- Provide year-round opportunities for seeking, serving, and celebrating
- Create opportunities at Minnehaha such as Vacation Bible School and other camps
- Search for and promote opportunities beyond Minnehaha for children/youth to attend
- Collaborate with pastor, staff, and volunteers to develop and sustain ministries for children, youth, and their families. These ministries will align with the values and vision of Minnehaha.
- Recruit, equip, and inspire volunteers to carry out programs and events, drawing people into the life of the church and the larger community.
- Create programs for children, youth, and families that meet them where they are and encourage them to grow in faith and in community.
- Communicate with church families and with the community about opportunities
- Must be a passionate follower of Jesus Christ with a desire to continually grow in your own faith.
- Must embrace Wesleyan doctrine and theology.
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, plan, develop, recruit, and empower volunteers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including all forms of social media, relational skills, and computer skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively with all ages—participants and volunteers.
Send resumes to Becky Sechrist; firstname.lastname@example.org
May 15, 2022
Contact: Becky Sechrist
3701 E. 50th St. Minneapolis MN 55417
Email: Click to email