Faith UMC in St. Anthony Village is seeking a director of family ministries to provide dynamic leadership and oversight to the faith formation and community building programs for families as a part of the ministries of Faith UMC; helping children, youth, and parents to grow in their faith, receive support in their lives, and provide connections between families and the congregation.
The director reports to the lead pastor and will oversee the volunteers who lead Sunday school, develop relationships with existing families and children in the congregation and work to create new connections and partnerships with the community.
- Create and communicate a vision for family ministries at Faith
- Oversee faith formation activities for families such as Sunday school or Wednesday evening programming
- Develop connections to the community through involvement in the schools, community groups, and other activities to build connections with families beyond the congregation
- Maintain a database of families who are involved in Faith UMC and how they have connected with programs offered by the church
- Develop programs and activities which create community among families
- Promote the inclusion and involvement of families in the life of the church
- Recruit and train the volunteers (including Safe Gathering checks) needed for family ministry programing and events.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings
- Participate in Sunday morning worship and programming
- Network with other churches and participate in Conference events for faith formation
- Work with the Worship Team to make sure that children and youth are involved in worship
College degree preferred, or relevant experience in working with children and families.
- Mission Ownership: Demonstrates understanding and full support of the mission, vision, and values and beliefs of Faith UMC. Can teach those values to others. Leads his/her/their leadership team to identify unique mission and vision, which is in line with the mission and vision of Faith.
- Interpersonal Skills: Establishes good working relationships with all others who are relevant to the completion of work; works well with people at all levels of the congregation; builds appropriate rapport; considers the impact of his/her/their actions on others; uses diplomacy and tact; is approachable; avoids communication triangles.
- Teambuilding: Blends people into teams when appropriate; leads the team successfully through difficulties and challenges, including conflict, diversity and inclusion issues with the team; creates strong morale and spirit in his/her/their team; shares wins and successes; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belong and pride in the team.
- Leadership Development: Encourages others to discover and engage their giftedness and skills in service to the larger community; calls out the best in others; supports others in the development of their skills and abilities; actively seeks to engage others more directly in thee leadership life of the congregation; thinks strategically about the continual need for a next generation of leaders and works to build the leadership base.
- Influencing Others: Encourages others to cooperate, participate, provide resources or make decisions, in service to the work at hand; uses verbal and nonverbal skills to communicate respect for others, and to generate energy, passion, and commitment to an idea; creates an environment that others want to participate in.
- Initiative: Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and energetic about worthwhile activities; not fearful of taking calculated risks; seizes opportunities sets demanding but achievable objectives for self and others.
$20 per hour base (more based on qualifications)
Please apply by sending a cover letter with resume attached to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 31.
January 31, 2022
Part-time (20 hours per week)
Contact: Jeff Ozanne
2708 33rd Ave NE St. Anthony Village MN 55418
Email: Click to email