Community Engagement Specialist
Hennepin Avenue UMC in Minneapolis is seeking a community engagement specialist will help members and friends of HAUMC find their calling and purpose by engaging them in offering their prayers, presence, gifts, service and witness as they serve God and their neighbors through the ministries of HAUMC.
Community Engagement Specialist helps people use their gifts and talents to serve. The ideal candidate loves people, networking and connecting people to projects. Administrative gifts a must, familiarity with Realm database a plus but we can train. This is a part-time, flexible position.
- Develop and implement goals and objectives for volunteer opportunities which align with our mission including learning and teaching the theology of giftedness and the stewardship of our gifts.
- Assess the need for volunteers to enlarge the ministry impact in each of our program ministries and ministry committees in partnership with the Connections Committee.
- Develop a budget for volunteer recruitment and appreciation events.
- Develop and administer policies and procedures which guide volunteers and reflect the overall values of HAUMC, and plan for ongoing training and support for volunteers and implement the plan.
- Develop and administer forms and records to document volunteers and volunteer activities
- Identify volunteer assignments that provide meaningful work for volunteers and write volunteer position and interview and recruit key volunteers to ensure they are appropriately matched to short term or longer term opportunities to serve. This will include creating opportunities for people to complete the Skills and Interests Inventory and maintain our ACS data base.
- Attend large group events and Sunday morning to build relationship networks in the congregation and implement a system of follow-up and checking in with volunteers to encourage, support and reassign when needed.
- Conduct ongoing evaluation of programs and services delivered by volunteers and improve as necessary.
- Oversee the creation of the Lay leadership directory each year and serve as a staff liaison to the connections team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Organizational aptitude
- Managing multiple priorities
- Ability to forward think / see big picture
- Ability to focus on tasks
- Self-motivator and self-starter
- Energetic and encouraging
- Enthusiastic support of the mission and vision of HAUMC
- Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Capacity to love and lead a variety of people with effectiveness
- Understand the needs of church teams and church initiatives and help people serve with joy!
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Willingness to learn and master ACS REALM, and proficient in Microsoft Office
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
511 GROVELAND AVE Minneapolis 55403
Email: Click to email