Start: November 15, 2021
Fairmount Avenue UMC is seeking a part-time organist/accompanist to contribute to the effectiveness of worship services through the playing of organ and piano.
The organist/accompanist reports directly to the director of music and the pastor. The annual performance review will be jointly completed by the director of music and the pastor and the designated SPR Committee liaison.
Hours and Compensation
Sunday mornings, 9 a.m.-noon
Wednesday choir rehearsals, 7:30-9 p.m.
Total Weekly Hours: 16 hours (including 10 hours/week practice time)
Salary negotiable based on training and experience.
Perform the duties of organist/accompanist, including but not limited to the following:
- Plays the organ weekly for Sunday worship during the year.
- Provides preludes, postludes, communion music as needed, accompanies congregational singing, and the adult choir during worship.
- Rehearses regularly as needed to be able to play effectively for worship. (10 hours/week)
- Plays for seasonal and special services such as Christmas Eve, Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Thanksgiving Eve.
- Accompanies the adult choir during rehearsals and worship services.
- Is given priority to play for all funerals and weddings held in the church building.
- Maintains the organ and pianos with basic maintenance and arranges for specialists to attend to instruments as necessary. Schedules regular maintenance and tuning
- This position requires excellent keyboard skills and passion for music.
- Preferred at least five years of related experience.
- Training as an organist and experience on pipe organ or comparable instrument.
- Knowledgeable of liturgical worship music.
- Basic skills with email and zoom.
$16,000-$17,000 Annual Salary
Send resume and cover letter to Pastor Shawna Horn at email@example.com. Read more information on our website at www.faumc.net.
Contact: Shawna Horn
1523 Fairmount Ave Saint Paul MN 55105
Email: Click to email