Start: This is an open position.
Eden Prairie UMC seeks a part-time (six hours per week) worship technology lead to support the church’s digital discipleship goals through the implementation and management of the weekly worship live stream services. If you have a passion for combining your faith with your technology skills, you are encouraged to apply
Live worship events will be consistently and successfully produced in real time, both live and live streamed on the church's chosen platform.
Live worship events will be archived in a timely manner for the online community to access and engage with at a time of their choosing.
• Prepare for live streaming of worship events such that servants, equipment, and technology are consistently and adequately ready.
• Recruit, train, and schedule media servants for the sound / audio / livestream booth for worship events.
• Produce the recorded live worship such that the online community can easily and consistently access and engage with the worship event.
• Assess and evaluate data / metrics from church digital ministry sites for trends of effectiveness of thelive streaming ministry, and report findings to leadership for use in development of future adaptations.
• Maintain and evaluate audio, visual, and digital equipment for hybrid worship such that worship is being live streamed and recorded with appropriate, up-to-date equipment.
• Communicate and coordinate with staff and servants in the worship ministry areas, assuring details are anticipated, prepared for, and managed for high quality in-person, live streamed, and recorded worship.
• Prior successful experience with live stream equipment and the process of live streaming events.
• Prior demonstrated experience with sound mixing, presentation software, and video editing such that this has become an accomplished skill set.
• Ability to work on Sunday mornings (it's anticipated that 80 percent of the work for this position will occur in a four-hour work period).
• A strong, growing faith in Jesus that is expressed in an inclusive manner.
• Experience with vMix Production software, PTZ cameras, and NDI live video over IP technology.
• Experience with live streaming worship or events with both music and spoken word.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also request a full job description at the same address before applying.
Contact: Becky Coleman, office manager
Address: 15050 Scenic Heights Road Eden Prairie MN 55344
Email: Click to email
Minnesota Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church