The Grove UMC in Woodbury is seeking a part-time (.8) minister to families with students. The student minister provides vision, development, leadership and oversight to programs for families who have students between sixth and 12th grade.
The Grove is a multilocation church in Woodbury and Cottage Grove. We seek to welcome, celebrate and encourage all people as we grow goodness. Please apply by sending a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Recruitment and Supervision
- Provide vision, development, leadership and oversight to programs for families with students:
- Wednesday night programming for grades 6th-12th
- Family Milestone Events
- Confirmation oversight
- Retreat and event milestones
- Mission trips
- Summer Stretch and summer programming
- Community outreach special events
- Parent education and family community-building (e.g. fellowship events, book studies, small groups, etc.)
- Occasional worship experiences (Advent and Ash Wednesday, etc.)
- Support and partner with parents in the spiritual formation of their students, training and equipping them to teach their students about God’s love, what it means to be a follower of Christ, and what it means to be part of a community of faith.
- Integrate families with students into the church’s service, mission, and justice ministries.
- In conjunction with the pastors, provide congregational care to families with students.
- Provide leadership for radical hospitality and prompt follow-up for new visitors as well as regular attendee students and families.
Develop strong volunteer and unpaid leadership teams to do the work of the ministry by implementing a system for recruiting, training, motivating, equipping, and supporting.
Planning and Administration
- Using church systems, ensure regular and ongoing communication with families.
- In conjunction with the Business Administrator, oversee the student ministry budget and expenditures.
- Select relevant curriculum for all aspects of ministry which align with the church’s mission, vision, and values.
- Create and nurture a safe sanctuary environment for students and their families, following the Safe Sanctuary model.
- Attend applicable training and be proactive in researching, reading, and learning about/from other successful student ministry initiatives across the country.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field
Proven track record of success in a paid student ministry position preferred.
- Alignment with The Grove’s mission, vision, and values.
- Self-starter who can work both independently and collaboratively.
- Passion and commitment to the spiritual growth of students and families.
- Strong interpersonal skills to motivate, inspire, and equip volunteers and teams.
- Strong ability to partner with parents and engage parent involvement in ministry.
- Expertise and continuous learner in Student Ministry.
- Strong overall written and spoken communication skills.
- Capable and gifted teacher of students
- Systems thinker, planner and implementer
TBD based on skills and experience
Please mail cover letter and resume to: Daniel Wetterstrom, 7465 Steepleview Road, Woodbury, MN 55125 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
September 20, 2021
Part Time (0.8)
Contact: Daniel Wetterstrom
7465 Steepleview Rd., Woodbury, MN 55125