Director of Children, Youth, and Family Ministries
Albert Lea UMC is seeking a part-time director of children, youth, and family ministries.
This is a ministry-enabling position that supports Albert Lea UMC's mission of making disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world. Our values in order are caring, worship, faith building, kids, youth and growth in all areas.
Employees in this position are responsible to the Staff-Parish Relations Committee. Ongoing supervision is by the pastor.
This is a salary position for 25 hours a week; we want the correct person and can be flexible.
- Be leader of leaders of building teams—not a person that does everything, but is a big picture person.
- Develop and coordinate the Sunday Christian education program for children ages 3 through grade six.
- Oversee the nursery program for children not in Sunday School.
- Insure the completion of required annual training and background checks for all volunteers and staff within the ministry.
- Advocate for the involvement of children in the life ministry and mission of this congregation.
- Develop Christian curriculum, teaching strategies, budget, purchase and maintain materials and supplies for programs.
- Coordinate the Christmas programs and any other special children’s programs as needed.
- Recruit and train volunteer support networks needed for Sunday School and other special programs.
- Attend regular staff meetings.
- Plan community outreach events like Easter Egg Hunt, Trunk or Treat.
- Conducts relational ministry by being actively involved with the youth and their families.
- Shares the vision of the youth program with the entire community of Albert Lea.
- Develops student discipleship ministries including small groups.
- Recruits, trains and nurtures leaders/volunteers.
- Responsible for HS/MS weekly programming.
- Responsible for Confirmation.
- Plan a mission trip or camp experience each summer.
- Raises funds and plans all HS/MS youth programming.
- Responsible for all youth program communications.
- Success will be determined by the number of kidsMS/HS youth and adult volunteers involved in the ALUMC ministry.
- Additional duties assigned by senior pastor.
- Authentic follower of Christ that is pursuing the Lord with his/her heart, mind and soul.
- A life growing in all aspects of the fruit of the Spirit (love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control).
- Innovative, passionate vision for growing Albert Lea Church’s community and taking it to the next level.
- Understanding that this role is a leader of leaders.
- A heart for achieving goals and making the impossible happen.
- Always pursuing excellence.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Hard-working, but loves to have fun.
- Willing to go the extra mile.
- Have the ability to create and foster an environment and sense of unity among team members.
- Willingness to perform and complete tasks, even outside of assigned area.
- College Degree (preferred).
- Able to relate well with children, youth and parents.
- Solid planning & organizational skills.
- Strong communications and group skills.
- Good leadership skills.
- Ability to visualize how the youth program is part of the overall church vision.
- Personal relationship with God, able to freely share faith experiences in order to help youth members develop their own spiritual relationships.
- Must have an understanding and support of the teachings and principles of the United Methodist Church.
Contact: John D. Mitchem
Albert Lea UMC, 702 S Highway 69, Albert Lea, MN 56007