Christ UMC in Rochester is seeking a full-time director of operations/executive assistant. The position will be the key developer and deployer of the office and financial systems that support CUMC and provides direct administrative coordination and support for the pastors. Christ United Methodist Church is a progressive, growing congregation located in the heart of downtown Rochester.
- Hospitality and church office management
- Assistance to the pastors
- Finance and contribution management
- Church administration and operations
- Membership database maintenance and ministry support
- Facilities operations
Education and Experience
Additional Experience and/or Qualifications
- A bachelor's degree in business administration or related field, preferred, or
- An Associate's degree as Administrative Assistant and two years of relevant experience, or
- An Administrative Assistnat Diploma and four years of relevant experience, or
- Seven years of relevant experience.
- Staff supervisory experience.
- Self-starter that is able to work under minimal supervision.
- Ability to work well in a team-based environment.
- Ability to resolve conflict with a strong "customer service" focus toward serving the church family and supporting staff needs.
- Ability to recruit/equip/deploy layperson teams.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Ability to handle multiple projects/initiatives simultaneously with the ability to think ahead and anticipate the next need and/or barrier to success; can meet deadlines.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Publisher.
$50,000 annually plus benefits
View the church website with full job description. Please email Bobbi Nichols at email@example.com with cover letter and resume or send cover letter and application to: Christ United Methodist Church, 400 5th Avenue SW, Rochester, MN 55902. Questions may be directed to Bobbi Nichols at Christ United Methodist Church, 507-269-5641.
June 28, 2021
Contact: Bobbi Nichols
Christ UMC, 400 5th Avenue SW, Rochester, MN 55902