Northfield UMC, an energetic, vibrant church, is seeking a children’s coordinator to aid in coordinating the Kids Creating Community through Christ (KC3) ministry for children grades second to fifth after school on Wednesdays and Sunday children’s
church. The coordinator will work with the youth and family ministries director in developing curriculum for both programs and organizing volunteers to assist with implementation. In addition, this person will organize some summer children’s programs and special events throughout the year.
- Work with the youth and families ministry director and Children’s Ministries Committee to develop lessons and programming for children's activities and programs.
- Serve as the lead contact person for Children’s Ministry program participants and their parents/guardians, sending a weekly update.
- Be onsite and organize Wednesday night children's program activities and service projects.
- Purchase supplies needed for Wednesday Night Activities and oversee program budget.
- Work with the youth and families ministry director to recruit, coordinate, and manage volunteers for children’s ministries programs and activities.
- Administrative tasks including recording and tracking attendance at programs and incorporating appropriate information gather and health and transportation forms.
- Assist with organizing special events which could include: pumpkin carving, Christmas program, and additional events.
- Work with youth director to plan children’s summer ministry opportunities.
- Chaperone a summer excursion or youth overnight retreat and youth mission trips.
- Coordinating, chaperoning, and driving for off-site field trips.
- Uphold Safe Sanctuary Guidelines.
- Attend bi-weekly staff meetings.
- Attend Sunday worship service regularly.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong technology skills.
- Enjoy spending time with and educating children.
- Excited to develop engaging activities.
- Ability to engage with young learners and have strong interpersonal communication skills.
- High school degree.
- Willingness to attend continuing education.
- Uphold the organization’s beliefs.
- Experience with Children and Classroom Management.
- Ability to write routine correspondence and effectively communicate written and verbally with church members, vendors, and other employees and volunteers of the organization in a professional manner.
- Valid driver’s license with own transportation and maintain proper levels of insurance.
- Completion and satisfactory results of a pre-employment criminal background screening.
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Rachel Morey
Northfield UMC, 1401 South Mapple St., Northfield, MN 55057