Hennepin Avenue UMC in Minneapolis is seeking a full-time worship production assistant.
The worship production assistant advances production processes and organization to assure the timely and efficient production of weekly worship services, both in-person and digital ministries. The current position supports two distinctive live-streamed worship services. The assistant supports the vision of Hennepin Avenue United Methodist Church, the multi-faceted work of the Director of Worship, Music & Fine Arts, and is an essential member of the HAUMC ministry staff: facilitating and empowering the work of talented and faithful laity in ministry.
Reports to: Mark Squire, Director of Worship, Music & Fine Arts
Worship production (22 hours weekly)
- Management of weekly information and data for worship production, including transfer of data between forms, including spreadsheets, production docs and schedules.
- Coordinate proof-reading of content and product.
- Send courtesy reminders to maintain timeliness of process, and anticipate need for substituting of segments in coordination with the Director
- Support long-term advance planning and manage scheduling of production process
- Format ProPresenter captioning for services
- Format backgrounds (images, video) for service use.
- Mange pre-recorded video content for use in live and pre-recorded worship.
- Manage content & production schedules
(10 hours weekly)
Team, ensemble, ensemble director support
- Coordinate with AV staff & team with particulars for full service implementation.
- Communicate and coordinate with other teams for service implementation (Ushers, Communion Prep, Arts, Translation, etc.)
- Uploads services, service promotion to Social Media, assures consistent accessibility of services on website, social media, etc.
- Manages the archiving of services on website and other platforms
- Sunday morning support
(4 hours weekly)
Concert & special event production and support
- Management of room reservations, scheduling, logistics for musical ensembles & their directors.
- Oversee accuracy of ensemble rosters and communication systems.
- Facilitate directing team gatherings, as well as one-on-one director meetings with the Director of Worship, Music & Fine Arts.
- Coordinate ordering, receiving, and invoice payment of ensemble repertoire
- Coordinate the work of ensemble librarians, as well as library data management.
(4 hours weekly)
- As directed, oversee all logistical and communication details of HAUMC concerts, concert series, and special event projects
- Interface with HAUMC Communications Team for highly refined and effective marketing.
- Administrative and organizational acumen.
- Information management and team communication skills
- Positive, proactive interpersonal skills
- Proficient in cross-platform (Mac and Windows) presentation & production apps (ProPresenter, MediaShout, PowerPoint) and Adobe Suite
- Proficient in smartphone and PC technologies for recording, file transferring, organization
- Video and audio editing skills
- Highly organized, with the ability to be flexible and non-anxious under pressure
- Deeply committed to the HAUMC community and ministry, its ethos and culture
- Basic copyright management, research skills, preferred
- Knowledge and experience base in Christian worship, preferred
- Undergraduate degree, preferred but not required
$20-22 per hour
Please send resume and inquiries to Danielle@haumc.org.
July 1, 2021
Contact: Danielle Shaffer
Hennepin Avenue UMC, 511 Groveland Ave., Minneapolis, MN 55403