Start: as soon as possible
Using The Well’s framework of Connect/Engage/Send, the director of children’s ministry will develop and lead a dynamic and comprehensive ministry for children from birth through fifth grade and their families, with a primary goal of faith formation. The director will work at The Well, which includes all current and future campuses. Access the full job description.
- Implementation and leadership of the ministries for children that will help them grow in their faith of Jesus Christ. This includes the leadership of the children’s programs from birth through fifth grade for Sunday and mid-week experiences. Also, this includes the Wednesday evening programming of The Well’s Children’s School, and the leadership of the Mom’s Morning Out and Parent’s Night Out programs.
- Curriculum selection for necessary programs. The Well is currently utilizing the Orange curriculum.
- Leadership of the Vacation Bible School (VBS) programming during the summer.
- Development of a plan that will increase children and family involvement and leadership at The Well and in the community.
- On a regular basis, connect families with the surrounding communities through local service opportunities.
- Coordination of Missions outreach programs for the children and their families.
- Training of parents and staff on relevant topics.
- Support and expose the children to UMC Camping experiences.
- Coordination, training, and management of the volunteers that assist in the children’s programs.
- Partnering and coordinating programs with the God’s Discovery Kids Program (GDK).
- Contact and connect with each children and families on a regular basis.
- Build community and provide appreciation for the small group leaders.
- Work with The Well’s Administrator to ensure that all children’s ministry volunteers have a current background check (if applicable) and are trained in Safe Sanctuary practices.
- Oversee and manage the budget for Children’s and Family Ministry.
- Other duties as assigned, including preaching, pastoral care, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Masters in Youth Ministry or Youth/Families preferred
- Experience in growing a youth ministry
- Experience recruiting, training and leading adult volunteer
Send letter of interest and resume to: The Well, a UMC, Attn: Annette Jones, P.O. Box 22, 14770 Canada Ave. W., Rosemount, MN 55068 or email letter of interest and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Part-time to full-time
Contact: Annette Jones
The Well, 14770 Canada Ave. W Rosemount, MN 55068