Start: January 2021
Hamline Church in St. Paul is seeking a motivated individual to serve as director of student ministries, facilitating all aspects of Hamline Church’s ministry to children, youth (K-12), and families. Hamline Church is an engaging, reconciling, justice-oriented congregation of the United Methodist Church. We are blessed with a beautiful campus, a growing church, and a diverse and talented faith community.
Education and Spiritual Formation
- Design, develop, and implement innovative and effective regular and occasional educational, spiritual, service, and social events that facilitate the vision and values of Spiritual Formation within children, youth, and their families.
- Work with the pastor, associate minister, and Spiritual Formation Team to plan curriculum, programming, and missions.
- Diligently manage the schedules, events, physical resources, and organizational needs of children and youth ministry. This includes all supplies, physical spaces, budgeting, communications (social media), and scheduling events and volunteers.
- Build relationships with families and the church through communication, including the church newsletter, email updates, website, social media, etc.
- Research, develop, identify, and make available educational resources that will be used within children and youth ministry, as well as providing resources and opportunities for families in faith and development that can encourage spiritual formation in the home.
- Provide spiritual formation and family/parental development resources and opportunities.
- Identify, recruit, train, envision, and nurture the volunteers, teachers and leadership teams.
- Prior experience in children’s ministry or youth ministry and demonstrated church leadership.
- Clearly communicate their Christian faith.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Religious Studies, or related field
- Pass a criminal background screening
- Work Sundays, Christmas Eve, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, and Easter
- Complies with all aspects and policies of the Hamline Church United Methodist Personnel Policy
Commensurate with experience, retirement benefits
Send resume and cover letter, including experience to: Hamline Church United Methodist, Rev. Mariah Furness Tollgaard, email@example.com with subject: “Director of Student Ministries Application”. Anticipated start date is January 2021.
Contact: Reverend Mariah Furness Tollgaard
Hamline Church, 1514 Englewood Ave., St. Paul, MN 55104