The Grove UMC in Woodbury is seeking a part-time technology coordinator. In alignment with overall vision, mission, and strategy of the church, the technology coordinator will manage The Grove’s church-wide audio, video, camera/live-streaming, and projection ministries. View full job description.
Organization and Processes
- Stay current on the projection, video, live-streaming, and audio technology throughout the church (worship center, fellowship hall, plaza, youth room, grove, portable systems, TVs throughout the church).
- Create processes and instructions for use.
- Take requests for technology use from ministries within the church and groups outside the church. Set up when necessary, provide instruction when necessary, and aid in use.
- Train church staff and leaders in use.
- Participate on worship theme team. Participate in staff meetings occasionally.
Maintenance, Enhancement, and Troubleshooting
- Through church processes and pastors, actively support efforts to recruit students and adults as technology volunteers to increase church engagement and commitment.
- Provide training for new worship and special event volunteers.
- Using the church signup systems, ensure that sound techs, projectionists, and recorders are scheduled for each worship service and special events.
- Oversee communication to the volunteer techs as to necessary equipment needed for each service and any special requests or needs that are known in advance.
- Maintain equipment. Troubleshoot when issues arise, working with outside AV companies when necessary.
- Organize and label material, areas, and equipment with a recognition the systems need to be accessible and usable by many people.Pay attention to trends, adding enhancements when necessary.
- When volunteers or paid techs cannot be secured, act as technician, running sound, projection, livestream, and recording when necessary.
- Create ministry videos occasionally (e.g. promos, mini-vignettes, animations).
- For special events (weddings/funerals), run equipment or ensure volunteers or other paid tech staff are set to run technology. Weddings and funerals are specially paid events.
- High School diploma
- Previous sound, band, and/or video experience preferred
- Previous volunteer coordinator experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, sound equipment, and video editing, or willingness to be trained
$15-20 per hour
10 hours per week
Contact: Pastor Kelly Lamon
The Grove UMC, 7465 Steepleview Rd., Woodbury, MN 55125